Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Diary

koshime

Hey guys new member, new lexus owner...IS250 SE MM manual / Silver.

Love it, its like my second wife :D yesterday got the slightest scratch (and i mean slight) on the windscreen at the passengers side in the area where it gets dirty when the wipers are on (yea I know now ridiculous, huh) and I could have cried and run off to autoglass....but then the wife ever the rational one with cars just told me wait until you go back to work next week all that motorway driving.....!

Seriously tho' great piece of engineering I work in consultancy and we use the toyota (lexus) design principles for helping organisations transform service operations so have always been a fan boy but its so cool to now say yep its true and put my money where my mouth is !

here's to the IS !! :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAY EIGHT

Woke up this morning and decided to give the car a wash. But then it started to rain and then snow. Decided not to let it stop me so I opened up one of the empty barns and did it there :P

The car is really easy to clean and when I finished it looked like new! But then I noticed I had two really small chips on the rear drivers side alloy wheel. I can't believe it - Lexus have had years to come up with wheels that don't chip at the sight of a stone and it looks like they have not learned anything in the last few years. I am really :tsktsk: Having calmed down and getting things into perspective the car still looks great and I'm sure that the Lexus warranty will take care of things if they get any worse.

Going for a drive to Solihull later and will see what the wind noise is like at motorway speeds.

Total Mileage: 314

Cattle startled by Lexus heading their way: 5

My 3 day diary :P

What can I say...it was pleasure testing it out to the MAX :shifty::whistling:

Had the courtesy car for 3 days it was the basic manual is250 model. Love the keyless entry and start button. Lights' inside the car were :yahoo:

Love when the dash board lights comes to orange when over certain revs/mph...and especially when it goes RED! I think I saw more red than orange :whistling: Actually I think it tempted me to go see more RED...not sure if that's wise to have that :shifty: :P :question:

Heated and cooling seat.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: What they call that :question:

Side wing mirrors were digusting, huge and felt like it came off a lorry :yack:

Still slow pulling off...but on the high ends..........whhhhooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhh :driving: Not that I am saying I saw the TOP END of the speed.... :whistling:

Petrol....was awful.......was drinking like a p155 head :msn-cry:

Overall, was impressed with it...shame couldn't have the MM version, would have love to test that...

Anyway here is the baby I had for 3 days...sad to see it go....the old IS feel's proper outdated and small in everyway.... :crybaby:

IS250

Jnr IS250

Amazing Lights'

Who does he think he is....!?!?!?!? :blush: :P :winky:

3 days you say? Which dealer is that with? I've got a service coming up and wouldn't mind having a bit of the same :winky:

Woodford....took it day before (late afternoon) the service due, all day next day and then half day the following day....if that makes sense :duh: I know them quite well so, they allowed me for longer period :winky:

Sanj did you sort out the problem with the window switch?? what service was she in for??...and is that the other side of wanstead flats??

No I haven't mate, meant to met up with you on Eid but wasn't able to :crybaby: 100k service.... :crybaby::crybaby: It's going back in couple of weeks for more work....IS250 again :winky:

and yes it's wanstead flats....near Manor Park (if that's the other side :blush::unsure: )

Anyway you free today :question:

The interior - more thoughtful design

But! lets say you want to reverse (keep the wing mirror adjustment button on eithe rleft or right setting, and the left wing mirror will automatically adjust for the best reversing view for you!

Koshime, my 220d SE+MM doesn't do the reverse mirror thingy. Tried with l/r and centre button - no joy. Is there anything else you did to get this working.

Also, do your LED personal lights come on when you unlock the car ? Manual talks about several sets of lights - I just get the front and rear main lights and some footwells in the front. Certainly dont get an LED lighting the console/gear lever.

Finally I get the puddle lights but nothing when I approach the boot :unsure:

The interior - more thoughtful design

But! lets say you want to reverse (keep the wing mirror adjustment button on eithe rleft or right setting, and the left wing mirror will automatically adjust for the best reversing view for you!

Koshime, my 220d SE+MM doesn't do the reverse mirror thingy. Tried with l/r and centre button - no joy. Is there anything else you did to get this working.

Also, do your LED personal lights come on when you unlock the car ? Manual talks about several sets of lights - I just get the front and rear main lights and some footwells in the front. Certainly dont get an LED lighting the console/gear lever.

Finally I get the puddle lights but nothing when I approach the boot :unsure:

Scott, I can only comment on the IS250 SE-L Auto. I have set the mirror button to L and it works fine but the manual says that the dipping is only a function if you have memory seats. Does the SE have memory seats?

The lighting sequence is "staged". As you approach the car interior courtesy lights (front and rear) come on and also the outer puddle lights. In reality you almost have to be right next to the door for this to happen.

When you open a door the interior lights (front and rear) will come on, these are in the same place as the courtesy lights, but if you check they do get brighter when you open the door. Also the front footwell lighting, front door courtesy lighting and front scuff lighting will all come on as well.

The LED personal lights you mention only come on when you switch them on. There is an LED light to light the gear lever, if you have an automatic it shines onto the top of the lever but might not be so visible on the manual. It also not very bright and would be masked if you have the MM which gives off a lot of light.

The lights will not work when you are near the boot as you are too far away.

Scott, I can only comment on the IS250 SE-L Auto. I have set the mirror button to L and it works fine but the manual says that the dipping is only a function if you have memory seats. Does the SE have memory seats?

The lighting sequence is "staged". As you approach the car interior courtesy lights (front and rear) come on and also the outer puddle lights. In reality you almost have to be right next to the door for this to happen.

When you open a door the interior lights (front and rear) will come on, these are in the same place as the courtesy lights, but if you check they do get brighter when you open the door. Also the front footwell lighting, front door courtesy lighting and front scuff lighting will all come on as well.

The LED personal lights you mention only come on when you switch them on. There is an LED light to light the gear lever, if you have an automatic it shines onto the top of the lever but might not be so visible on the manual. It also not very bright and would be masked if you have the MM which gives off a lot of light.

Cheers Saracen. The SE does not have memory, so this might explain why I cant get it to work (must read the manual some time) :blush:

I get a similar light sequence to you but don't see any LED over the gear stick - maybe manuals don't have this. Where are you front door courtesy lights ? In the doors I only have red ones.

With the boot I was kind of expecting something similar to the puddle lights, I'm sure the reversing lights could come on or the number plate lights. I think the puddle lights are actually a waste of time - they come on just as I climb in, you almost need them to come on quicker (white leds maybe) or come on from further away.

Cheers Saracen. The SE does not have memory, so this might explain why I cant get it to work (must read the manual some time) :blush:

I get a similar light sequence to you but don't see any LED over the gear stick - maybe manuals don't have this. Where are you front door courtesy lights ? In the doors I only have red ones.

With the boot I was kind of expecting something similar to the puddle lights, I'm sure the reversing lights could come on or the number plate lights. I think the puddle lights are actually a waste of time - they come on just as I climb in, you almost need them to come on quicker (white leds maybe) or come on from further away.

The door courtesy lights are the red ones at the bottom of the door.

The puddle lights do come on if you use the remote but then that would defeat the idea of the Smart Entry!

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone :)

I am thinking about getting this car LEXUS IS250, but they have in show room just "sport package" and I don't think that i want to wait 3 months for luxury! :angry: I was even on the test drive and this car didnt seem very quiet and I could felt all holes on the road.

I would like to ask u if luxury package is more quait and comfy?

I am actually thinking to get MB SLK 280 which I love soo much, but not sure if it is a car for every day and especially when I live in eastern EUROPE where is not that often nice sunny (i am single thou so the lil space in the car wouldn't be a big problem) or should I get this LEXUS IS 250 which would be more comfy and practical.

Please let me know what u think

Thank you in advance!

~Katarina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ahh like the threads....

what do you in return for the mpg on the 250 auto?

i would like the se-l but without the wood trim!...

however the se-l comes with nice extras like hid...which the se should really have and the other small extras!!

confused to chooce between 250 auto se or se-l with MM