Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Diary

koshime

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus it was terribly icy in devon/cornwall. So i thought it in best interest to leave alot of space and allow for possible ice/black ice formation overnight..incase a car /granny skidded perhaps

Koshime - hi - This is Steppy and I live in Singapore. I stumbled upon your 'diary' and i am most impressed with the contents and obviously, with the IS250 as well.

I am one of the few crazy enough to place a pre-order (silver on grey) on the IS250 without even the test drive. However, your details and pictures and other details just confirmed that i have made a good choice! :P

After trawling thru the internet, I was not able to confirm if the car comes with airconditioning vents to the rear passenger cabin section...Would u be able to confirm that with me?

Do carry on your great diary - I enjoyed it and cant wait to get my hands on my new baby as well (March/April 2006 delivery)

Plus it was terribly icy in devon/cornwall. So i thought it in best interest to leave alot of space and allow for possible ice/black ice formation overnight..incase a car /granny skidded perhaps

Koshime - hi - This is Steppy and I live in Singapore. I stumbled upon your 'diary' and i am most impressed with the contents and obviously, with the IS250 as well.

I am one of the few crazy enough to place a pre-order (silver on grey) on the IS250 without even the test drive. However, your details and pictures and other details just confirmed that i have made a good choice! :P

After trawling thru the internet, I was not able to confirm if the car comes with airconditioning vents to the rear passenger cabin section...Would u be able to confirm that with me?

Do carry on your great diary - I enjoyed it and cant wait to get my hands on my new baby as well (March/April 2006 delivery)

Hi Steppy, I used to live in Singapore (Bukah Timah). There's been quite a discussion on the prices for the new models, but I guess you could cheer everyone (else) up if you tell us the cost to purchase in Singapore :whistling:

bet its something...comparable, but since I come form malaysia, i know that in the asian market, teh import duty might be a nightmare...making the cost of cars x 1.5 of its cost...

Don't put money on it. In Singapore they have a huge tax called COE - Certificate of Entitlement. I live in Australia and will be really interested to see the price in Singapore. It might make me feel a bit better about how much more we pay here than in the US and UK e.g.

IS250 Sport Luxury (Fully Loaded)

List price in AU$85,000

Converted to US$63,500

Converted to GBP35,800

Converted to SGD - wait for it

You have the standard CC. Adaptive is the radar/laser guided system that will adjust speed if there is something in front of you. You also get the pre-crash safety system but these two things are a £2k option.

Did anyone see the test of the Merc S-Class ACC/crash avoidance system on Top Gear? - PMSL.

(If you didn't see it, it didn't avoid the crash :lol: )

Did anyone see the test of the Merc S-Class ACC/crash avoidance system on Top Gear? - PMSL.

:whistling::whistling:

Hey thanks for reminding me - how funny was that. At least the car did stop although it did wait till it was 3 feet inside the boot of the car in front. :D

After having seen Koshime's car in the metal today, watching the incredibles and then going for a little drive- I can confirm that this car is delicious, and Koshime's brilliant pictures/descriptions can't do it enough justice!

The killer feature for me has to be...the Mark Levinson sound system- watching the Incredibles was , err, incredible! It really was amazing digital surround sound!

Nice one mate....and see you at work tomorrow!

Rav

Hi Steppy, I used to live in Singapore (Bukah Timah). There's been quite a discussion on the prices for the new models, but I guess you could cheer everyone (else) up if you tell us the cost to purchase in Singapore :whistling:

Hi Kos - thanks, its great to know that the car has evenrything that i wanted! Incidentally, I would be in London next week for a week...Are u based in london? Maybe i would be able to see your baby and be the first in Singapore to see one!

Ok here is a rough guide to car price in Singapore. The pricing structure consists of import tax and the COE - a paper that you bid for to use the car for 10 years. After than 10 years, you have to bid for another paper to 'extend' the life span of the car. The coe used vary from S$40K (US$ 23.5 K) to as high as S$110K (64.5K) at one stage...However, its now in much more bearable region of S$14 (US$8K)

As i have been shopping for a car recently, I am pretty familiar with the prices (as far as i can remember +/- 3K)

LEXUS

IS250 - S$130K - US$76.5K

RX300 - S$135K - US$79K

GS300 - S$165K - US$ 97K

BMW

320i - S$135K - US$79K

325i - S$175K - US$100K

523i - S$173K - US$100K

Hi Kos - thanks, its great to know that the car has evenrything that i wanted! Incidentally, I would be in London next week for a week...Are u based in london? Maybe i would be able to see your baby and be the first in Singapore to see one!

Ok here is a rough guide to car price in Singapore. The pricing structure consists of import tax and the COE - a paper that you bid for to use the car for 10 years. After than 10 years, you have to bid for another paper to 'extend' the life span of the car. The coe used vary from S$40K (US$ 23.5 K) to as high as S$110K (64.5K) at one stage...However, its now in much more bearable region of S$14 (US$8K)

As i have been shopping for a car recently, I am pretty familiar with the prices (as far as i can remember +/- 3K)

LEXUS

IS250 - S$130K - US$76.5K

RX300 - S$135K - US$79K

GS300 - S$165K - US$ 97K

BMW

320i - S$135K - US$79K

325i - S$175K - US$100K

523i - S$173K - US$100K

Thanks for sharing with the UK Steppy. Makes our prices feel cheap :( One thing I didn't ask when I was in Sing was what do you do with the car if the COE isn't renewed at the end of the 10 years? Scrap it or sell it in Malaysia?

well - I'm from Malysia originally itself and i know that (any car) import versions from UK or Sing have a slight duty on it, but is better for those wnating to buy. I kno wmost people just sell it off (always a large market in Malaysia)

> Steppy: I'm based in London (north and central). Give me a buzz prior to you comign over, and I'l see if I'm doing anythign with my other half on the weekend. Optionally, might have the guts to just pop in and see TDI to meet fellow LOC ers!

Hi,

I've had a read of this post and can't seem to find the actual spec of your car - i think its an SE but you also have park assist which i thought only came with SE-L. Also what is the Bluetooth compatability like and do you have the cradele to allow batetry to be charged etc? I'm hoping to order a 220D SE in Jan so any info will be appreciated..

Thanks,

My spec is IS250 SE - with multimedia pack and automatic

The multimedia pack comes with the rear camera park assist (the SE-L gets sensors in addition) + mark levinson and sat nav all thrown in for a decent bundle 1/10th of the cost put together seperately

The automatic...is the smoothest, fun thing coming out of the lexus garages. I used to drive teh old 6 speed is200. lvoed the manual to death. but the automatic wins hands down..and if you want more fun, the paddle shifters are just as good as a manual, but no knee ache after 4 hours stuck in london traffic!!

Bluetooth compatability works perfectly wiht my sony erricson phone (all sony's work fine... with the contacts being ported through rapidly)

I love the blue tooh connectivity so much...I make any excuse to go sit in the car to phone folks and do purchasing./banking/talkign to relatives..whilst in the car, even when not driving...hah ha

You have two cradles/cig lighter ports. One for the Ipod (in the arm rest) and the other hidden in a recess panel under the Audio system

You have the standard CC. Adaptive is the radar/laser guided system that will adjust speed if there is something in front of you. You also get the pre-crash safety system but these two things are a £2k option.

Just don't use it in fog :P

well - I'm from Malysia originally itself and i know that (any car) import versions from UK or Sing have a slight duty on it, but is better for those wnating to buy. I kno wmost people just sell it off (always a large market in Malaysia)

> Steppy: I'm based in London (north and central). Give me a buzz prior to you comign over, and I'l see if I'm doing anythign with my other half on the weekend. Optionally, might have the guts to just pop in and see TDI to meet fellow LOC ers!

Hi Kosh - I am now back in London and I did send you a pm last week with my contact details - Perhaps, you might like to check you PM box...otherwise, please drop me a line at ling_vincent@hotmail.com

Lets see if we can meetup...Would love to see your car!

woudl love to steppy - but got teh granma space saver on, so am tryign to fix teh darn tyre first before i can go on teh road...i keep laughing when i use the car....

Its ok then - If it gets fixed today, do give me a call on my mobile. (you did get my pm right?)

With the DVD system, ne1 in the world know how to bypass it?

As would of thought it be good just for playing lots of music, as i couuld fit quite a bit on 6 dvd's. save constantly changing cd's. or is it just cd-mp3's you can plpay while moving

You can play DVD while driving, but as soon as you take the parking brake off the picture switches off and you can only hear the audio. Great for listenening to live concert DVD's.

Don't know what would happen if you loaded a DVD full of MP3's. I assume it will still play them. Will need to give it a go.

While on the subject of the DVD system, does anyone know how to overide parking brake safety cut out on the DVD system, as it would be nice for passengers to be able to watch DVD's when driving.

With the DVD system, ne1 in the world know how to bypass it?

As would of thought it be good just for playing lots of music, as i couuld fit quite a bit on 6 dvd's. save constantly changing cd's. or is it just cd-mp3's you can plpay while moving

You can play DVD while driving, but as soon as you take the parking brake off the picture switches off and you can only hear the audio. Great for listenening to live concert DVD's.

Don't know what would happen if you loaded a DVD full of MP3's. I assume it will still play them. Will need to give it a go.

While on the subject of the DVD system, does anyone know how to overide parking brake safety cut out on the DVD system, as it would be nice for passengers to be able to watch DVD's when driving.

I've been LED to believe you can load MP3s to onto a DVD and play them on the Mark Levinson. I also think you can play DVD-Audio discs. Need to wait till I get mine to try it out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links