Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Diary

koshime

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the DVD system, ne1 in the world know how to bypass it?

As would of thought it be good just for playing lots of music, as i couuld fit quite a bit on 6 dvd's. save constantly changing cd's. or is it just cd-mp3's you can plpay while moving

You can play DVD while driving, but as soon as you take the parking brake off the picture switches off and you can only hear the audio. Great for listenening to live concert DVD's.

Don't know what would happen if you loaded a DVD full of MP3's. I assume it will still play them. Will need to give it a go.

While on the subject of the DVD system, does anyone know how to overide parking brake safety cut out on the DVD system, as it would be nice for passengers to be able to watch DVD's when driving.

I've been LED to believe you can load MP3s to onto a DVD and play them on the Mark Levinson. I also think you can play DVD-Audio discs. Need to wait till I get mine to try it out.

I have managed to make CD compilations full of MP3s and WMA files, but have not been able to get a DVD-R or DVD-RW with MP3s to play...YET !! There are so many formats and options when making a DVD it is just a case of finding the one that the Lexus ML DVD system will read. The manual states that it WILL play DVD Video and DVD Audio which show up as DVD-V or DVD-A respectfully. A DVD with MP3's is a different case, and the manual doesn't mention this. It also states that DVD-R, DVD+R, -RW & +RW may not be supported. That said, I was given a DVD-R with series one of LOST done in DivX and that played perfectly OK.

I am still trying with the DVD full of MP3 & WMA files :winky:

:offtopic:

The MP3/WMA player can play MP3

and WMA files on CD-ROM, CD-R

and CD-RW discs.

The unit can play disc recordings compatible

with ISO 9660 level 1 and level

2 and with the Romeo and Joliet file

system.

according US Manual You can only play MP3/WMA from CD's.

Bluetooth compatability works perfectly wiht my sony erricson phone (all sony's work fine... with the contacts being ported through rapidly)

I love the blue tooh connectivity so much...I make any excuse to go sit in the car to phone folks and do purchasing./banking/talkign to relatives..whilst in the car, even when not driving...hah ha

You have two cradles/cig lighter ports. One for the Ipod (in the arm rest) and the other hidden in a recess panel under the Audio system

Koshime... great post!

Just received my new IS250 (black)... on a budget, so had to choose between SE or the Multimedia pack.... went for the multimedia, and do not regret!!!

Unfortunately, my Sony P900 does not work in the car, which was one of the main reasons that I went for the multimedia pack.... first I though it was the cars fault, but further digging showed that some (many???) phones out there do not work on HANDSFREE mode, which is the mode that will allow Bluetooth compatability with cars. However, the P910i has the upgrade, but will not allow FULL compatability I am informed. Yet, the Mrs phone works like a charm! My luck eh?

I have managed to make CD compilations full of MP3s and WMA files, but have not been able to get a DVD-R or DVD-RW with MP3s to play...YET !! There are so many formats and options when making a DVD it is just a case of finding the one that the Lexus ML DVD system will read. The manual states that it WILL play DVD Video and DVD Audio which show up as DVD-V or DVD-A respectfully. A DVD with MP3's is a different case, and the manual doesn't mention this. It also states that DVD-R, DVD+R, -RW & +RW may not be supported. That said, I was given a DVD-R with series one of LOST done in DivX and that played perfectly OK.

I am still trying with the DVD full of MP3 & WMA files  :winky:

That really is a shame if it doesn't play MP3s off DVD, the comand systems on mercs do, and despite that being only one disc, its still more music storage (4.7gb to 4.2gb in the lex, and haven't tried yet to see if it supports dual layer)

I was hoping it was 6 DVDs full of mp3s, meaning 28 gigs of storage :(

That really is a shame if it doesn't play MP3s off DVD, the comand systems on mercs do, and despite that being only one disc, its still more music storage (4.7gb to 4.2gb in the lex, and haven't tried yet to see if it supports dual layer)

I will be slightly annoyed if the car doesn't play MP3s off a DVD as I have been told that it would by at least two different dealers. I was under the impression that the car wouldn't play RWs but would definitely play Rs.

However the more important thing for me is the Aux connection as I have just bought a 60Gb video iPod. Happy Days! :driving:

I will be slightly annoyed if the car doesn't play MP3s off a DVD as I have been told that it would by at least two different dealers. I was under the impression that the car wouldn't play RWs but would definitely play Rs.

However the more important thing for me is the Aux connection as I have just bought a 60Gb video iPod. Happy Days! :driving:

On the US site someone has added .pdfs of the IS250 manuals and it says regarding MP3 and WMA files "The MP3/WMA player can play MP3

and WMA files on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs." :tsktsk:

Here are some pics from today's meet at TDI.

Ahmet...was scarface crazy as usual, with his slimlined carputer lovingly up and running. Pity , we didnt get to see mats car on the run. overall a nice meet but impossibly cold after standing outside for 4 hours!

A faceless 350z

DSC00084.jpg

Ahmet's IS bonnet open with a small lexus lineup

DSC00079.jpg

New shape vs the old shape

DSC00078.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update-

Had the car professionally detailed yesterday by Panther, and jsut as we were about to finish, an elderly 89 lady fell on the curb, slashed her forehead and sprained her wrist, had difficulty breathign. Blood was in quite a few places. So pumped into action..patched the lady up. had some tea, Poped into the local GP practise (rough neighbourhood).

There I was with Lily, and this bright black and highly detailed lexus..thinking..going to get scratched..going to get mobbed. Ah what the heck!

Trying to manhandle the lovely old dear into the Lexus was interesting.. it wasnt built too friendly for elderly folk to get into the front and she had to resort to holding onto the door without the door hinge eating her hand. Patched her up but because they dont suture....we had to go to barnet GH.

4 hours later..was in barnet GH.... in the tender mercies of the lovely folk in the A&E dept with her son. The short excursion from the car to the dept reception was enough to set off her angina. then another 3 hour wait to see a doctor (but the NHS so cleverly sends a nurse to taker her BP & pulse at 40 mins, then her blood in another 40 mins...so as to show we are in the system..and then a doc in 1 hour later...Best bit was, because i was not related to this lady but wearing scrubs, everyoen thoguht i was her care assistant. I didnt say otherwise till teh doctor arrived and I handed over the case history :))

On a bright note, when i got home much later after going into Holborn for a late night meal with the missus at Matsuri, her ticker was found to be alright, and her forehead patched up but she did have a few broken bones in her R wrist! Guess going to A&E although may be slightly lengthy is worth it all in the end!

Nest update.

1 Some SWISSOL detail pictures

2 Journey to Tintagel in Mid Dec

when i mean detailed - it means, a lengthy process of washes/polish and waxes to the external shell, wheel, interior that comes from the love of polishing black metallaic objects (ok detaillgin can apply to any object..)

So in plain speaking that means a thorough clean :huh: Thanks :D

I haven't managed to find the time to get the bucket and sponge out yet, so my car is over 3 weeks dirty :whistling: Shame on me, the Lexus Grime Buster Squad Police will be pulling ME over soon :ph34r:

Here's the professional valet/detailing process using Swissol products from the PANTHER carvalet.co.uk

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Car was washed. pre wax washed off. Wheels cleansed. Tires gelled and dressed.

Guy 2 - got indoors and hovered, and leathered the console/seats. Guy three, started the diesel compressor driven spray jet wash and guy 4 wiped and towelled down.

The polish goes on - secret to extra gleam. Then the wax gets onto the hands and they guy literally uses his hands to apply thin layer of wax, which is wiped and buffed down panel by panel. Repeated thrice. The boss drives up in his Subbie, we chat abtou the IS250. I discuss possible futher mods and he talks abtou their presentation at the local MPH exhibition.

Final Details

IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

The hood is popped up and detailed. And as we finalised the service....the lady keels over... :)

Was a beautiful day. Lovely blue sky. Slight chilly winter wind

DSC00021.jpg

Lots of plane routes plying above our houses up up above....

DSC00023.jpg

After a cold compress and some pressure dressing, the cut showed a deep laceration requiring further medical attention.

DSC00025.jpg

Looks great - how about adding a Shark's Fin antenna, like the Japanese versions of the IS range.

Just picked up the new car yesterday, looking to put tinting on the windows later, just wondering though, any pics of the shark fin antenna? are they ones that BMW has?

Why add something that you don't need? Standard IS250 has no attena, and it would seem odd to stick one on for looks alone. Sorry if I am missing something.  :blush:

Anyway, wouldn't want to try and copy a BMW style now would we?

Ok, good point, just want to personalise the 250 a bit bcos down this end, all the 250 only has two options.

Plus looks rank pretty high, i replaced the wife's new MB C-class with the 250 because I hated the color on her C-class (which I picked!) :tsktsk:

koshime's black 250 looks sublime, somehow our black 250 doesn't shine like his, not even on the day we picked it up from the showroom.

Well - a black shark's fin woudl be interesting but it would purely be for looks as the internal antenna is strong enough for GPS/telephone/digital radio/FM.

>chinny: To make your black gleam, you have to be ready to polish and wax. Just waxing is not enough...one throughly prepared, yoru paintwork with polish, pre wax and wax will look sublime for 12-15 months....three good waxes woudl be Swissol, zymol or Zaino. (I like the swissol/zymol verison as they smell nice...lol)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links