Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Companies

Mr Morse

Hope this is useful since many of the on-line insurance companies and brokers will not quote for imported vehicles and modifications:

AON 0845 601 2222

A-Plan 0845 0711234 or 01635 874646

Academy 01793 421666

Admiral 0800 600800

Adrian Flux 08700 777888

Argent Ins. Group 01664 562035

Bell Direct 0800 140180

Greenlight Insurance 01277 263030

Hyperperformance 0208 939944

Lifesure 0870 366 1235

Privelige 0121 3292 5555

Tesco 0845 300 4400

Sky Insurance 0870 112 1759

It's worth shopping around amongst these, my highest quote for the Tubby was £1250 from Tesco and £655 from Adrian Flux.

Flux also offer 15% discount to LOC, TOC and IMOC Gold Members! :D

Edited by Mr Morse

I tried Privelige yesterday, online they quoted 498 fc but wouldnt let me add teh k&N and lowering. So rang them up... 908 quid!!!! ffs.... just because of the lowered suspension!!!!!!! If the current investigations into insurance lead to the same accros the board I'll be jacking her back up to std springs!

EDIT:

Greenlight Insurance have just quoted me 700 quid by email. They sponser the scoobynet insurance forum where I went to have a look at who they use for insurance...

Comprehensive cover with a £250  Accidental Damage, Fire and Theft excess

The Endorsements that apply are listed below:

-24 hour claims assistance service, including a courtesy car provision -£100,000 legal expenses/solicitors' fee cover (solicitor must be pre-approved) -£500 Stereo cover

-Unlimited windscreen cover (£60 excess) - approved repairer must be used

-Free foreign travel (green cards) for up to 90 days per annum

-Optional Track day cover (per event basis, please contact us for full details)

-Modification friendly insurer (like for like cover on modified parts)

-Guaranteed 14 day hire car in event of Theft/Total loss (write off)

-Courtesy car included for all repairs by Insurer approved repairer

-Breakdown Cover included (roadside assistance and local recovery within 20 miles)

Might be worth adding to the list Mr M :)

im with adrian flux for the monster and the Hilux(import) and the Mitsi Pajero(import) is with Norwich union

I thought you had sold the Mitzi Mat

nope ended up keeping it, 2 reliable, and costs us nothing really, great for christina, and a good back up tow vehicle if the hilux goes down.

really comfortable aswell so.decided to keep it for the time being, theres a couple of peeps intrested in it still though

Greenlight Insurance have just quoted me 700 quid by email.  They sponser the scoobynet insurance forum where I went to have a look at who they use for insurance...

Might be worth adding to the list Mr M :)

Gotta contact number for them JJ?

http://www.greenlightinsurance.com/

01277 26 30 30

They appear to do the following:

Car Insurance

4x4 and Off Roader Insurance

Breakdown Cover

Motorcycle Insurance

Home Insurance

Travel Insurance

Bell direct gave me a cracking quote, 607 quid fc, class 1 buisness and protected ncb! all mods declared!

I think Academy is the fax number btw ;) :lol:

[/quot

For me being young nationwide bank where cheap be quikcer to phone them with the amount of mods you've got going on your car mike ha ha ha but it is 10% of online

www.nationwide.co.uk

0500 30 20 19

they were a grand cheaper than other places but my car was standard. I take it your not using the excuase i bought it like that, i thought it was standard :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well....

Adrian Flux got my buisness in teh end (Redstar policy)..

598, but no discount! :(

Apparently there are only some inrusance companies they will do the discount on, which is a bit of a shame realy.... I should have made them get me a quote from teh discounted companies for comparison but I am too busy today at work to hang around and I need the cover for tomorrow.... so all in all, a little disapointing, but still better than the 999 odd quid quotes I was getting!