Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I assume the new GS300,s have a boot light?

Is it ambient light sensing in that it only activates when it's dark? The reason I ask is twice I've peered into a GS300 boot and twice it was like the black hole of ... well exactly !!

I couldn't be bothered to call over the sales chappie so I'm still wondering. I can't believe a £38,000 car doesn't have a super-duper illumination system?!

Please put me out of my misery...

Thanks

The Ed

Thanks Lexlex2,

I said it was a silly question and couldn't see Lexus omitting something so pratical but when you try something twice and it doesn't do what you think it SHOULD do you begin to wonder whether it doesn't :crybaby: (If that makes sense)

Think you could be right Matthew, maybe the vehicles I tried were on 'Auto' light and therfore didn't come on as I was testing them in the daytime...

Cheers

The Ed

since i have one, i can tell you that - nope, no light! Bit of a pain in the dark! Not exactly an issue for me though - best car i've ever had!

WHAT :blink: :tsktsk: :angry: ??!!!! No light ??!!! - On a £40,000 car !!

Well maybe the Japs don't load or unload their boots after dark but that's a serious design defect on that class of car !! I thought the land of the rising sun was suposed to design these things to 'anticipate our expectations' (or something like that)... Well I can tell you when I open the bl**dy boot I expect a light in there the same as when I open my fridge !!

SACUNFRASUNRASEN (said very muttley like !!)

Right - Rant over - Still won't stop me buying the car though :lol: - I will just 'rig something up' for those darker moments in my life !!

Thanks for the info

The Ed

since i have one, i can tell you that - nope, no light! Bit of a pain in the dark! Not exactly an issue for me though - best car i've ever had!

WHAT :blink: :tsktsk: :angry: ??!!!! No light ??!!! - On a £40,000 car !!

Well maybe the Japs don't load or unload their boots after dark but that's a serious design defect on that class of car !! I thought the land of the rising sun was suposed to design these things to 'anticipate our expectations' (or something like that)... Well I can tell you when I open the bl**dy boot I expect a light in there the same as when I open my fridge !!

SACUNFRASUNRASEN (said very muttley like !!)

Right - Rant over - Still won't stop me buying the car though :lol: - I will just 'rig something up' for those darker moments in my life !!

Thanks for the info

The Ed

blue neon tube go on do it :D :P

Huh? what are you guys on about?

You mean the light that comes on when u opent he boot??

Doesnt like every car have this?

If so the gs does have one but is rather dim!

doesnt really light up the boot very well and is of a dull tacky yellow colour, which isnt really in keeping with the rest of the car with its purpley lights,

WHAT !!!!

The car ive been drooling over all week doesnt have a boot light ??? ok I can accept it may be an option on the Mercs/BM'S lol but the Lex and no boot light hmmm...did some googling out of curiousity but couldnt find anything..Id still buy one and its the only car I would buy brand new...

Ha ha... false alarm - it is there - a little light on the right hand side - noticed it while i was cleaning the car.

Got to say it's pretty low on my extras list, but for those concerned about night time boot fumbling, the panic is over!

Thanks Nick.... My faith has been restored and I WILL go ahead and order one now :P (Couldn't possibly be seen driving around in a car without a boot light !! :D )

Thanks for the info guys

The Ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links