Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bah People In Car Parks!111

Jiberjaber

Well there was I enjoying a nice pint of Guiness when I witness the person parked in front of me, get in to their car and engage reverse....

you've all be there.. or if you're unlucky, not there when it happens...

....are they going to stop or plough into you car....

So there I am waiting for my food to turn up, watching this large white Discovery reversing towards the front of my car....

stop....

NO....

push the car....

YES......!!!!!

So up I jump and run out of the pub to be greated by a woman behind the wheel... I shouted "stop.. you just hit my car.."

Her reply.. "no I didnt!!"

So I pops the boot gets the tourch out, all the time she is protesting she never touched my car... gave it a look over no marks! (amazing seeing as the car lifted what looked like 2 - 3 inches off the ground as she powered it back in reverse!

After giving the car a look over, she was still insisting she hadn't hit it, then said..."look it didnt leave a mark!"..

FFS if you know you hit me why the **** say you didnt then admit it when there is no **** mark!!!!!

Luckily the car is lowered so the spare wheel missed the bonnet and it was the tow ball plate (no ball fitted luckily) which made contact.

Somehow I managed not to lamp her one or scream a torrent of abuse at her and just told her to be more careful next time!

Grrrrr..... so a night out for a pub lunch spoilt by some stupid cow in her Discovery!.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Had another good look over when I got home and no obvious marks, will know better when I get the washing gear out at the weekend!...

/rant over... maybe I wont get indigestion now! (....too late the hicupps have started!)

All this cause of that dammed dead rat! :lol:

as in insurance and address not vitals

Just Name and VRM ........ she is not obliged to give out insurance pars ! ;)

This is not correct, if you are involved in an accident you are required by law to give your insurance details to anyone who has resonable grounds to request them, i.e. the owner of the vehicle you have hit.

Surly you of all people should know this?

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Well I dont know what it is about my car and 4x4's!

Some **** ****** decided to use my car as their reversing aid and has left a realy nice reminder about 4x4 spare tyre size on the bonnet!....

Anyone got an idea how much I am looking at in repairs? Its the bonnet and n/s wind corner.

normal_CarScratch_image001.jpg

normal_CarScratch_image002.jpg

normal_CarScratch_image003.jpg

normal_CarScratch_image004.jpg

I can't believe that someone could do that and then just drive away (assuming they even knew that they did do it) :angry:

That's really deep in the bonnet, could that actually be repaired back to original?

That's awful, couldn't imagine coming back to my car to see it like that :crybaby:

This is not correct, if you are involved in an accident you are required by law to give your insurance details to anyone who has resonable grounds to request them, i.e. the owner of the vehicle you have hit.

Roger

Jason, sorry to take this off topic.

Roger,

You are NOT obliged by law to give your insurance details to anyone who is involved in a 'damage only' accident.

If you are involved in a Personal Injury Accident then you are obliged by law to give your insurance certificate details.

;)

I am going to try and find some time this week to get over to the Jemca body shop to get a quote.....

I am so supprised about how little I appear to be upset about this, compared to the stone chip issue I have experianced before..... it's just as well I didnt get any armourfend fitted as I would have to fork out for that on top again!

Roger

Roger,

You are NOT obliged by law to give your insurance details to anyone who is involved in a 'damage only' accident.

If you are involved in a Personal Injury Accident then you are obliged by law to give your insurance certificate details.

;)

I stand corrected Mr S, I always thought you were obliged to exchange after an accident full stop!

Should I ever be unlucky enough to hit anyone I will make every effort not to hurt them as well :winky:

Well there was I enjoying a nice pint of Guiness when I witness the person parked in front of me, get in to their car and engage reverse....

you've all be there.. or if you're unlucky, not there when it happens...

....are they going to stop or plough into you car....

So there I am waiting for my food to turn up, watching this large white Discovery reversing towards the front of my car....

stop....

NO....

push the car....

YES......!!!!!

So up I jump and run out of the pub to be greated by a woman behind the wheel... I shouted "stop.. you just hit my car.."

Her reply.. "no I didnt!!"

So I pops the boot gets the tourch out, all the time she is protesting she never touched my car... gave it a look over no marks! (amazing seeing as the car lifted what looked like 2 - 3 inches off the ground as she powered it back in reverse!

After giving the car a look over, she was still insisting she hadn't hit it, then said..."look it didnt leave a mark!"..

FFS  if you know you hit me why the **** say you didnt then admit it when there is no **** mark!!!!!

Luckily the car is lowered so the spare wheel missed the bonnet and it was the tow ball plate (no ball fitted luckily) which made contact.

Somehow I managed not to lamp her one or scream a torrent of abuse at her and just told her to be more careful next time!

Grrrrr..... so a night out for a pub lunch spoilt by some stupid cow in her Discovery!.

:tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

Had another good look over when I got home and no obvious marks, will know better when I get the washing gear out at the weekend!...

/rant over... maybe I wont get indigestion now! (....too late the hicupps have started!)

All this cause of that dammed dead rat! :lol:

WHO'D have neighbours??!!

Bought a new-to-me Ser 4 LS400 last night, came happily home....

7 a.m., dozy neighbour scraped down the side of it!!!

Luckily, mainly the plastic anti-scrape strip at the lower door, which has done its job remarkably well (considering that there are quite a few bits of plastic from HIS car littering the floor!)

Now waiting with big stick (METAPHORICALLY!!!) for him to come home!

Roger

Roger,

;)

I stand corrected Mr S, I always thought you were obliged to exchange after an accident full stop!

Should I ever be unlucky enough to hit anyone I will make every effort not to hurt them as well :winky:

First of all sorry to have hi-jacked this thread but this was annoying me.

I work for a bus company and today I had a meeting at the local police station where I asked several police officers about this. They all, to a man, said I was right and by law you have to give your insurance details to anyone who has resonable grounds to request them, including a damage only accident even if there are no injuries.

Mr S are you REALLY a policeman? :P :P

First of all sorry to have hi-jacked this thread but this was annoying me.

I work for a bus company and today I had a meeting at the local police station where I asked several police officers about this. They all, to a man, said I was right and by law you have to give your insurance details to anyone who has resonable grounds to request them, including a damage only accident even if there are no injuries.

Mr S are you REALLY a policeman? :P  :P

Mate,

I have been doing this job for the past five years.

I think I have a rough idea about what I am doing. ;)

Let me refer you to this 'simplified' article :

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/legal/at_the_scene.html

Where injury is caused to another person, then in addition to the above you must:

* Produce your certificate of insurance, if anyone at the scene has reasonable grounds to see it. If you do not, you must report the accident at a police station or to a constable as soon as you can and in any case within 24 hours. You'll need to produce your certificate of insurance. If you don't have your certificate of insurance when reporting the accident to the police, you may take it to the police station you nominate when you report the incident. You must do this within seven days of the accident.