Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Attack 2006 (sponsored By Prolex Uk)

Steve

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted about the trophies, although I had no chance of getting one.

Ticket arrived today, car looking good bazza.

DAM, I was going to WIN the slowest car :o as its now running on 5 cylinders again :blink:

****** again mate?? I thought you'd had it all sorted?

Gutted about the trophies, although I had no chance of getting one.

Ticket arrived today, car looking good bazza.

DAM, I was going to WIN the slowest car :o as its now running on 5 cylinders again :blink:

****** again mate?? I thought you'd had it all sorted?

Number 2 cylinder this time :o (number 3 B4) and no supercharger fitted :o

Thank you for your email.

Sorry we haven't been in touch sooner however the person that deals with the orders is currently in hospital. Unfortunately the motor sport awards are out of stock, they are currently being shipped over however it could be 3 weeks before they arrive and we see from your email that you require them by Saturday.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you would like to choose alternatives or if you wish to cancel the order.

Regards

A1trophies.com

nuff said.........bit pee'd off as I ordered them 10 days ago and sent a chase email on sunday to get this !

Have reordered but am pessimistic they'll be here :angry:

well they've called.....and promise me they'll be here............mmmmmmmmm

Some news just in today, the 1/4 mile is now been run by Straightliner's the people who run TOTB so all time's from this event are valid for TOTBV qualification so this must be the cheapest event that the times are valid for TOTBV :D

Format for the 1/4 mile is 10am to 4pm with a shootout starting at 4pm between the 4 fastest car's in each class, the classes are-

Prolex UK Fastest Lexus

Prolex UK Fastest N/A Lexus

Prolex UK Fastest FWD Toyota

Prolex UK Fastest RWD Toyota

Prolex UK Fastest 4WD Toyota

Prolex UK Special Prize For The Slowest Car Of The Day

Each class shootout is 1st v 3th & 2nd v 4rd & the winner of each heat is in the final of each class.

Big thank's from Dave from Prolex for his involvement with this event from the start :D

This as you will guess i'll copy and paste to each of the 6 Toyota clubs attending except GT4OC as they have gone into hiding with their forum but hopefully this will be the biggest Toyota Club turnout of the year :D

is there a limit on how many cars are running in the quarter mile

or is this going to end up like santa pod last year where unlimited meant a couple of goes as it took so long to queue up

with the fact that all and sundry are being invited with or without a toyota, and can sign up on the day

with the only restriction being it is a jap car

;)

or is this going to end up like santa pod last year where unlimited meant a couple of goes as it took so long to queue up

with the fact that all and sundry are being invited with or without a toyota, and can sign up on the day

is this true ? :angry:

Im quite interested in this (the 1/4 mile runs).....

Would i be able to just turn up on the day cos im not sure if ill get off work or not as yet???

Yes you can just turn up and run on the 1/4 mile ******

Is the drag strip just limited to toyotas Ken? as i know someone who would like to get a quarter mile time in his non-toyota car.

The trophies are limited to Toyota's only but anything Jap can run on the 1/4.

:whistling:

I'm a tad disgruntled.

Those who know me can envisage that a few anglo saxon swear words may have slipped out :blush:

However_-_-_-_......I suppose the timing gear etc has to be paid for and if not enough Toyotas/Lexi turn up then needs must.

well would of got my ticket today, but instead its sat at the post depot that only opens at stupid hours :angry:

Might be able to get it on sat! :unsure:

simon sorry you cant make it, what did u fail on?

do we know how many have signed up for 1/4's so far?

Would i be able to just turn up on the day cos im not sure if ill get off work or not as yet???

Is the drag strip just limited to toyotas Ken? as i know someone who would like to get a quarter mile time in his non-toyota car.

Put your spoon away Barry, their's only 4 skyline's up to now.

As for cost's the 1/4 mile is £3500 and we have 38 cars signed up which includes the Skyline's so you do the math.

Put your spoon away Barry, their's only 4 skyline's up to now.

As for cost's the 1/4 mile is £3500 and we have 38 cars signed up which includes the Skyline's so you do the math.

chill out ken

hardly stirring things ;) just asking a question

about my and other peoples concerns

seems strange we are reading these things from other forums. and yet we are unaware of them

for something that is advertised as being toyota/lex only, we were expecting just a small gathering of the immediate clubs

anyway now the answer has been given :D

maths, 3500 / 15 = 233 :ohmy: did you really think there would be that many ??

chill out ken

hardly stirring things ;) just asking a question

about my and other peoples concerns

seems strange we are reading these things from other forums. and yet we are unaware of them

for something that is advertised as being toyota/lex only, we were expecting just a small gathering of the immediate clubs

anyway now the answer has been given :D

maths, 3500 / 15 = 233 :ohmy: did you really think there would be that many ??

Somebody on another forum asked if they could and i said yes, it's the same as me saying yes to the 2 skyline's out on track last year which were members of the MKIV Supra Club.

The 1/4 mile was always going to be run at a loss but i did expect more than 38, 150 cars could have run easily with no more than a 15 min wait after the first hour had passed.

Hopefully I'll be in my car but it might not be ready in time :crybaby:

So I'll have a possible track day ticket and 1/4 mile for sale........if my car doesn't make it..

I will however be in my mates Supra :D

I won't be around much from now on as i'm setting off tomorrow morning to Bruntingthorpe for a pre-event final briefing, i'll try and log on at the hotel but if not i'll see you all sunday ;)

Their is a couple of track places going so first come first served on the gate for those at this late stage.

Their is also an official photographer an he will be located in the Toyota trailer from about 2.30 for you to purchase a cd of your favourite pictures of the day.

Really looking forward to this now :D

How do we go about doing the track and 1/4 mile? Do we have to wait for the convoy at specific times?

I think Ken said the convoys leave the pits every 30 minutes over to the 1/4 strip, and the same coming back.

Hope all you guys really enjoy yourselves... last year was great.. lets hope the weather is ok.

Be safe and it will be a smashing day.

Also final note: please be carefull coming into the event and keep the speed down.

Cheers guys!

;)

Met office's website says its gonna be cloudy / sunny but most importantly should be dry :D

Well got ticket, got helmet, al i need now is a map an ill see you all sunday! Looks like it'll be a good day :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk