Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Predicted Fri And Sat Where I Live

swfcdan

So according to the weather forecast there is a good chance of snow on friday and saturday, from what ive read on the IS200 it is really quite pants in the snow.

Is it really as bad as what people say?

ive only had my IS 3 weeks now so i have never driven it in the snow before and dont really know its full handling capabilites.

What exactly does the snow button do in the car?

From what I've read in the previous posts - it lights up and puts the word snow on your display ! :lol:

:D :D

I actually have 2 winter tyres that will fit my Lex, do you think it would be ok to fit them to my rear wheels and leave my pilot sports on the front?

I actually have 2 winter tyres that will fit my Lex, do you think it would be ok to fit them to my rear wheels and leave my pilot sports on the front?

So you will have forward motion but you wont be able to steer :yawn::blink:

All or nothing my friend - much safer :)

From what I've read in the previous posts - it lights up and puts the word snow on your display ! :lol:

You may want to read THIS post.

Purely psychological. You press the "snow" button and becuase you WANT it to work you really try hard at controlling the car, so therefore you just feather touch the accelerator. It's all down to your driving skills.

It's the same with the heated seats. You press the "heated seat" button (that don't really work). When the seats still haven't warmed up immediately you start to get frustrated. By getting frustrated your core body temperature begins to rise, and therefore you start to feel alot warmer.

It's all a con :lol:

It's the same with the heated seats.  You press the "heated seat" button (that don't really work).  When the seats still haven't warmed up immediately you start to get frustrated.  By getting frustrated your core body temperature begins to rise, and therefore you start to feel alot warmer.

It's all a con :lol:

:D :rolleyes::lol:

:D :D

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DONT BE STUPID! in that case leave the car at home and walk

READ HERE

In my opinion, don't use the SNOW button, I used it in the snow last year and it slowed the car down until it almost stopped, by which time I'd lost all momentum and ended up scraping both alloys along the kerb!! From a standing start the car is dreadful but once you're rolling and as long as you're not going up hill the IS really isn't too bad as long as you feather the throttle and don't rev too high!?! Second thoughts STAY AT HOME!

OMG - I think I'll be relying on public transport !

That means sharing a bus sat either infront or next to the only person who is suffering from flu and coughing their germs everywhere - that's the way my luck goes. :blink:

We could start a campaign : SAVE THE LEXUS, CATCH THE BUS !

I think I'd rather do that then have some d!ck drift into the side of my car

In my opinion, don't use the SNOW button, I used it in the snow last year and it slowed the car down until it almost stopped, by which time I'd lost all momentum and ended up scraping both alloys along the kerb!! From a standing start the car is dreadful but once you're rolling and as long as you're not going up hill the IS really isn't too bad as long as you feather the throttle and don't rev too high!?! Second thoughts STAY AT HOME!

:D jus booked friday off work so no need to get the car out if it snows!

I live in sheffield and have to travel to chesterfield to work through country lanes which has lots of hills! i fear insurance claims my be on the cards at somepoint during the winter!

HEHE :P :crybaby:

I live in sheffield and have to travel to chesterfield to work through country lanes which has lots of hills! i fear insurance claims my be on the cards at somepoint during the winter!

Shoulda booked in with a sickie !

You could have said you have snowitis or something :lol:

Shoulda booked in with a sickie !

You could have said you have snowitis or something :lol:

:D :sick:

Any car is cack in the snow without the right equipment or driver. The IS is no exception to this the same as even the best vehicles get caught out sometimes. I have a Landrover 110 Defender (Long wheel-base) and even that is a pig in the wrong conditions, i have had all four wheels spinning and it isn't a quick beast.

Whatever vehicle you are driving in the snow you need to drive it carefully, in as higher gear as possible and don't make and sudden turns or bury the throttle - if you can't drive sensibly in the snow then stay at home

The Lexus isn't known for it's grace in cold conditions but the snow button is there for a reason - as discussed in the other thread it calms the throttle response to reduce wheel spin. Don't expect miracles from it though.

FFS listen to Rob as he know's what he's talking about - he lives in bloody switzerland and if those conditions can be driven in then we can get on with it over here.

:)

So according to the weather forecast there is a good chance of snow on friday and saturday, from what ive read on the IS200 it is really quite pants in the snow.

Is it really as bad as what people say?

ive only had my IS 3 weeks now so i have never driven it in the snow before and dont really know its full handling capabilites.

I tried to take my Lexus out in the snow this year, lets just say i've bought a van to get to work.

I live i Aberdeen and drive my IS200 in the snow no probs, :D just drive slowly and in a higher gear than normal.

For hills u need to make a run and keep going. If you stop it is difficult to go straight again and the car will move sideways and as someone else has said, kerb the alloys :angry:

I have Goodyear F1's all round so can't recommend winter tyres :yack: