Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which 4x4

peter026

I am after buying a 4x4 for work,so needs to be a 5 door,have seen a couple I like the look of. ie Toyota amazon and the 2.8 Pajero.....There is also the Maverick,which is more Datsun than Ford.................choices..........choices

What do you guys and gals recommend

Do you need the size of an Amazon? Standard LC may be a better option.

I carry a lot of weight Forge, gas bottles,as well as all my shoes, nails and tools,so the LC might do

found this one

ebay

Edited by peter026

I am after buying a 4x4 for work,so needs to be a 5 door,have seen a couple I like the look of. ie Toyota Amazon and the 2.8 Pajero.....There is also the Maverick,which is more Datsun than Ford.................choices..........choices

What do you guys and gals recommend

Best one I've had was the Landcruiser Colorado. Should be plenty big enough for most purposes. I drove to Benidorm and back last November in that one and it was faultless. The 3.0 L TD is pretty good but if you can run to a 3.0 Direct Injection then they are much better. Had a 2.8 Shogun but found it very wallowy and noisier than I expected. I've also had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the (very, very) noisy 3.1 Turbo Diesel engine which was a magnificent vehicle but again you really need the 2.7 Mercedes sourced engine for any kind of refinement.

I had been thinking about getting a Supra, but have realised that, living in the sticks, bad weather is a big problem so it would be more sensible to get a 4x4 as a second car. Something Japanese, not particularly new, was thinking of a Hilux Surf - does anyone here have one? I can't buy a huge car, as it won't fit through our gateposts!!!

Amanda