Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car-jacking Scheme

The Editor

Apologies if this has been posted already....

ALL CAR OWNERS AND CAR DRIVERS, PLEASE READ

(originated from Alliance Cornhill insurance)

Be aware of a new car-jacking scheme.You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside, lock the doors, start the engine and select reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift back into park or neutral, unlock the doors and get out to remove the paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine was running and you would have left your handbag or briefcase in the car.

APART FROM NICKING ANYTHING OF VALUE, THEY MIGHT FIND YOUR ADDRESS AND THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR KEYS!

Remember, if you see your rear view blocked like this just drive away and remove the paper later ! It is stuck to your window!

THIS SCAM IS HAPPENING IN LONDON RIGHT NOW AND WILL SURELY SPREAD TO OTHER AREAS.

JUST BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE.

The Ed

This is getting really annoying now, why don't these guys find something better to do :angry:

Thanks for the warning, if it had happened to me, I probably would have done exactly what you just described........... :ohmy:

Opps....

Might have been too hasty guys - sorry..

Look here.

It does sound very plausible though !!

Sorry for the scare

The Ed

:D :D Whoops ! :D :D

Oh well, better safe than sorry my friend

Well, myth or reality, it reminds us all to BE AWARE!! We tend to rush around oblivious, or wander in a half-dream, and this is when things can happen like this.

After all, we're all on here (this site) 'cos we love our cars. It's a big chunk of money AND emotion?) So....take care/be awake!