Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Google Search Not Working..

crazylex

When I search certain things on google I am getting a blank list of results, yet it says showing 1-10 of 8,190,000 (eg search vac) not that I want a vac though.

All I get is adword ads down the side and 3 adwords on top, yet my colleague gets a s**t load of results.

It is happening with all sorts I search on, but oddly not everything.

another good example is search "lexusowners" I get 2 sponsored links down the side and a blank page, yet if I put

"lexus owners" I get what you would expect.

Any suggestions - its doing my head in - have I altered a setting unknowingly ?

- can not find "non car discussion forum" ? - are The lounge - can some shift this to the lounge.

Er still got problems if anyone has missed this post before thats got an idea let me know -

Basically when I search on somethng that I have spelt wrong - I get a blank area where the list of links should be.

I must have something set wrong somewhere but don't know what or how it got changed.

Odd thing is if I select all copy and paste the results page onto something else like an email or word, then its all there :blink:

You know you should do a search on the web to see if anyone else is having that problem and how to fix it. Use Google or something.

Sorry :)

More seriously, can you go to google groups? If you can (or have another usenet server at your disposal) send your query to google.public.support.general -- someone there should be able to help you.

Si

I think I've read something about this somewhere. As far as I remember it's some piece of spyware that takes over your Google without you knowning and replaces legitimate results with targetted results by spammers et al.

Install the following:

SpywareBlaster

Spybot Search & Destroy

AdAware SE Personal

Once you've installed them, get the latest updates for each of them. Enable all protection with SywareBlaster. Then run a full system scan with Spybot. Remove all entries it finds.

Finally do a full system scan with AdAware and remove entries it finds.

Use a colleague/friends computer to download these files.

An alternative to google to do the searching in the meantime is:

www.teoma.com.

hope this helps

Tar.

Thanks for replies.

Should Norton not have built in spyware ?

Anyway did the free scan from spywarebalster, hich whislt I have not paid for the full version with the removal facility, interestingly one of the files it said was spyware had............... lexusownersclub....... mentioned in the file location :crying:

Tried using FireFox instead of MS Internet Explorer, and this gives me the Google search results you would expect.

So it must be configuration problem - don't remember changing any settings :mat:

I'll try the MS antispyware tomoz, when back at work - Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links