Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Pulling To Left ................

MrADeveci

Driving along the A127 last night ........ and it's as if I could feel the car pulling over to the left.

I thought "could be the camber in the road" so I carried on driving ...........

Then it got worse, and I thought "this can't be right" ..........

Droveon a bit more, and every time I accelerated the car moved it's self over to the left !!!

Then ....... this vibrating noise all around the car ............. yeah you guessed it !

I pulled over at the garage just a few yards ahead .......... and the result ?

gallery_7604_85_25594.jpg

gallery_7604_85_3264.jpg

Strange, couldn't notice any obvious nails in the tyre ..................... just as well I got a new set on order !! :geek:

(I can imagine you flooring the car to find out what was wrong... :blush: )

Exactly what I tried a few times ...............

Forgot to mention, when I stopped, I got out of the car .... walked around the back, and there was smoke coming out of the tyre !!! and the smell of burning rubber was just awful !! :sick:

I'm fine though ! thanks for all the kind words ............ :blush:

I know exactly what caused this :huh:

.................A..............

........STOP STICK......

Ahmet how fast were you going :excl:

Seriously though this goes open some questions..

Is it the fact that the Lexus is so well built it can handle exemplary even with a blown tyre.

Is this a good or bad thing?

The fact the tyre was smoking means you were driving on it for some time unaware

Is this a good or bad thing?

Open to debate i think.

Anyway i feel only a Policeman like you would drive his car at speed ( legal obviously ) and 'wonder' the car feels 'unsure at the rear' then using 'skid pan training' TEST IT then in full Drift and the left rear on fire decide to stop...... 'OH A PUNCHURE' :whistling:

Wonder if this had anything to do with how bold your tyres were mate (as seen at Janspeed - just a thought ) - none the less, glad you're safe and sound and have some new rubber on order...

Edited by Zee007

Wonder if this had anything to do with how bold your tyres were mate (as seen at Janspeed - just a thought ) - none the less, glad you're safe and sound and have some new rubber on order...

No mate ........ that back tyre had loads of tread on it ...... almost new !! :D