Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs Autobox Lock Problem

LexAzur

Hi

Has anyone with a gs 300 series 1 had any trouble with the autobox locking in the parked position? :ohmy: A freind of mine had the problem a couple of times this week and had to free the box using the release at the top :D

Can anyone tell me what causes this please? :duh:

Possibly the solenoid that stops the selector being moved needs cleaning or the brake pedal sensor switch is playing up.

Mmmm... I can select any gear from park without my foot on the brake pedal (with engine running), is this not supposed to happen Colin?

checked the wiring diagram and there is a shift lock solenoid.

Mine must be b :tsktsk: d then! :crying:

dunno tony i never tried it with just foot on the brake but i have always had to press the lock button in will tell you if mines the same

dunno tony i never tried it with just foot on the brake but i have always had to press the lock button in will tell you if mines the same

Austin, start your car with the selector in Park, then try selecting a gear with your foot "off" the brake pedal... you'll still need to depress the lock button on the selector, oh and make sure nothing is behind or in front of you!!! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Austin, start your car with the selector in Park, then try selecting a gear with your foot "off" the brake pedal... you'll still need to depress the lock button on the selector, oh and make sure nothing is behind or in front of you!!! :blink:

Did you try this???

Did you try this???

tried it but still can't get it to work just with pressing the footbrake rather than the lock button

Did you try this???

tried it but still can't get it to work just with pressing the footbrake rather than the lock button

Hold on Austin, I think we're getting a little confused :duh:

You will always need to press the lock button on the selector to shift from P to R, N, D... but from what I understand from Colin, is that there is a switch connected to a solenoid from the brake pedal to the lever that will also lock the shift lever if the pedal isn't depressed while trying to move the selector...

OK, start your car as normal in P

Make sure the hand brake pedal is fully on (you don't want the car to move)

DO NOT press the brake pedal with your foot, then try selecting D (using the lock botton)...

You still shouldn't be able to select any gear, even with the lock button depressed on the shift lever, until you press the brake pedal with your foot...

Give that a go mate :winky:

Did you try this???

Hold on Austin, I think we're getting a little confused :duh:

You will always need to press the lock button on the selector to shift from P to R, N, D... but from what I understand from Colin, is that there is a switch connected to a solenoid from the brake pedal to the lever that will also lock the shift lever if the pedal isn't depressed while trying to move the selector...

OK, start your car as normal in P

Make sure the hand brake pedal is fully on (you don't want the car to move)

DO NOT press the brake pedal with your foot, then try selecting D (using the lock botton)...

You still shouldn't be able to select any gear, even with the lock button depressed on the shift lever, until you press the brake pedal with your foot...

Give that a go mate :winky:

Bump :whistling:

Tony -

With the engine running, can't move the selector, release button locked, only by putting foot on brake can you press the release button in, also when I put my foot on the brake, I here a click from the gear selector.

Tony -

With the engine running, can't move the selector, release button locked, only by putting foot on brake can you press the release button in, also when I put my foot on the brake, I here a click from the gear selector.

i need to have another go but i just have to depress the selector button to select a gear at any time regardless of pressing the brake. Although i do know the car wont start in anything but P and N as i forgot i had it in D the other day and got a bit panicky when the car wouldn't start after playing with the electrics until i noticed :duh:

Tony -

i need to have another go but i just have to depress the selector button to select a gear at any time regardless of pressing the brake. Although i do know the car wont start in anything but P and N as i forgot i had it in D the other day and got a bit panicky when the car wouldn't start after playing with the electrics until i noticed :duh:

Mmmmm, maybe it's just the Aristo that has this feature then...?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links