Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test Drove The Is250

Mr Singh

Got myself to the lovely new MK Lexus centre earlier today to pick up some parts... and thought why not have a whizz in a new IS250.

Lovely car, filled to with toys. Lots of cool things :)

Steering, that surprised me! i loved it! it has feel and is firmer than my Altezza which i really like

Suspension, smooth yet firm, infact i found it alittle too firm perhaps for a SE. Handling is extremely impressive, very little roll and plenty of bite.

Brakes, i need them on my car, very very good! they look like there the same calipers to me as on IS200/300s and Altezza... despite that they do there job very well.

Power.... okay would like more, but u very nicely built up speed, the engine is quiet on idle then the distinctive V6 roar when u floor it.

Gears.... paddle shift is cool... but i can see myself getting lazy and using auto only lol.

Audio.... not bad, better than i've heard in Audis (bose) but can be improved, slightly too siblent for me and imaging could do with some work as well as lack of -40hz action. Playback wise with all the mediums, DVD, WMA, MP3 etc... u can't go wrong. Very easy and well thought out.

Would i buy one? No. Not enough power for me, but it has the bases for what i'd want next...

I will be keeping a watchin eye on IS350 prices for next 24months...

:)

Got myself to the lovely new MK Lexus centre earlier today to pick up some parts... and thought why not have a whizz in a new IS250.

Lovely car, filled to with toys. Lots of cool things :)

Steering, that surprised me! i loved it! it has feel and is firmer than my Altezza which i really like

Suspension, smooth yet firm, infact i found it alittle too firm perhaps for a SE. Handling is extremely impressive, very little roll and plenty of bite.

Brakes, i need them on my car, very very good! they look like there the same calipers to me as on IS200/300s and Altezza... despite that they do there job very well.

Power.... okay would like more, but u very nicely built up speed, the engine is quiet on idle then the distinctive V6 roar when u floor it.

Gears.... paddle shift is cool... but i can see myself getting lazy and using auto only lol.

Audio.... not bad, better than i've heard in Audis (bose) but can be improved, slightly too siblent for me and imaging could do with some work as well as lack of -40hz action. Playback wise with all the mediums, DVD, WMA, MP3 etc... u can't go wrong. Very easy and well thought out.

Would i buy one? No. Not enough power for me, but it has the bases for what i'd want next...

I will be keeping a watchin eye on IS350 prices for next 24months...

:)

Why? Are you aiming to import one then Mr. Singh?

Wonder how much the is350 retail for in japan & theres the model report it needs.

Out of interest anyone know if the IS220D got a option of a Automatic gearbox? Got so used to driving a auto nowadays with the Mirage Cyborg tiptronic & the auto is200.

Maybe, possibly, why not!

Dunno, but the extra power would be good!

Thats strange since BMW 3 series/Merc c class diesels & others have option of auto & very sure the UK corolla diesel has auto too!
Yeh i wonder...

The Salesman said the Diesel won't be auto :unsure:

nope, no auto for the diesel.

which is unfortunate given that my TD experience in the is250 was enhanced by the auto, especially as i never drive an automatic.

I think its another case of a Lexus bizarre decision; certainly doesn`t do anything to pull in drivers undecided by bm/merc/audi etc!! :blink:

Maybe, possibly, why not!

Dunno, but the extra power would be good!

Importing from Japan would ensure the steering wheel is on the right side, but what about the set-up regarding language differences? Presume the instruments are the same? Satnav etc. would need to be changed? Anyone imported from Japan? :unsure::question:

Tango: that is a very good point.

It Won't be cheap taking one out of a IS250...

But i wouldn't rule anything out lol

Wait and see what happens in the future i guess

I have only had auto's since about 1977 and on the odd occasion that I take out a pool car it is invariably manual - and I hate them !

No IS250d auto then no IS250d for me.

Looking like the basic IS250 auto for me in 2 years time then.