Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Sport

Sumo

I have a 2000V IS200 SE and am waiting for the Sport to trade or a full leather 325 MSport!

The Escaine thing is the only thing bugging me about the IS, otherwise it would be a no contest.

:)

Escaine is the man made (simulated) suede, and the Sport IS 250 is all Escaine, not a the mix of leather and suede on the old model.

That's what put me off (as well as I couldn't wait) so got the SE-L in Slate with black leather. I was going for the 18" rims as a compromise but although it was possible as a dealer only option, I wouldn't have got any money back on the original 17" rims fitted to my IS250 SE-L. Bit extravagant having the spare set for winter tyres!!! B)

, and the Sport IS 250 is all Escaine, not a the mix of leather and suede on the old model.

That sounds odd to me, a lot of the sporty BM's that use alcantara have a mix of material as well.

An all alcantara seat would just look wierd wouldn't it :huh:

, and the Sport IS 250 is all Escaine, not a the mix of leather and suede on the old model.

That sounds odd to me, a lot of the sporty BM's that use alcantara have a mix of material as well.

Right on, weird indeed, is there an option for leather or mix on the sport,? guess I'll wait till Jan to find out... :tomato:

Right on, weird indeed, is there an option for leather or mix on the sport,? guess I'll wait till Jan to find out... :tomato:

When I went to order mine, they said that I could not have the wood trim or the leather seats in the Sport. You can not chop and change from the specs.

When I went to order mine, they said that I could not have the wood trim or the leather seats in the Sport. You can not chop and change from the specs.

That's right. I wanted the Sport with leather, but no can do. Compromise was SE-L with leather and 18" rims, but no can do either although the dealer would supply with 18" and a boot full of the 17" at cost. I like mix on my IS200 Sport but the dealer said the IS250 Sport will be all Escaine as he'd seen and drove the pre-prod Sport in Monaco. I hope he's right as that's what changed my mind and I got the SE-L :tsktsk:

Escaine feel better on your bum than leather anyway!!....I think......full leather always appears cold to me a a bit slidey so I hope the sport is the same as my present mix of escaine /leather

• 1 month later...
Escaine feel better on your bum than leather anyway!!....I think......full leather always appears cold to me a a bit slidey so I hope the sport is the same as my present mix of escaine /leather

Sport package in the States for the 350 has leather, heated and ventilated seats + Lexus Memory System for the power driver's seat (except lumbar). There seems to be quite a differnce in the specs for different regions!

I think the Sport Escaine (Similar to Alcantara) wil be heated with memory (But not cooled.)

I am looking at a 220d and I think the one thing that was making me move towards the Sport was the 18 in Rims which look great in all the publicity photos but I guess they are combined with the lower sports suspension.

I would be interested in a photo of the SE / SE-L on 18 in wheels if anyone has got one. I guess the 18 in wheels would also impact on ride quality.

I think the Sport Escaine (Similar to Alcantara) wil be heated with memory (But not cooled.)

I am looking at a 220d and I think the one thing that was making me move towards the Sport was the 18 in Rims which look great in all the publicity photos but I guess they are combined with the lower sports suspension.

I would be interested in a photo of the SE / SE-L on 18 in wheels if anyone has got one. I guess the 18 in wheels would also impact on ride quality.

I have a Sports model with the 18" wheels and Ecsaine seats. Here in Australia, if you want the Sports model it comes with ecsaine only, no leather option.

I personally prefer the ecsaine to leather; its comfy as heck, and it just adds that something special to the ambience of the car when you first get in. And it comes with seat heating, but no cooling.

And yes, the 18" wheels and slightly lowered suspension does look hot :)

I have a Sports model with the 18" wheels and Ecsaine seats. Here in Australia, if you want the Sports model it comes with ecsaine only, no leather option.

I personally prefer the ecsaine to leather; its comfy as heck, and it just adds that something special to the ambience of the car when you first get in. And it comes with seat heating, but no cooling.

any pics ??

especially of the interior, :D

any pics ??

especially of the interior, :D

Will get some updated ones soon. Car is currently covered in insects from long interstate drive :(

In Spain, Is220d Sport will be without leather too. Escaine seats is the only finish to Sport.

It's something like the backside of natural leather, but i think it's sinthetic.

It will be more desirable in combination of natural leather and escaine, like BMW's alcantara/leather sport seats.

My Lexus will be an IS220D Sport with Multimedia, and i'm waiting to Lexus garage call me for final price. They don't know exactly how much will be, and estimated date of delivery. Minimun until June-July they said.

Bye.

I have Escaine/leather half n half in my seats in the IS200 Sport Design.I love the way they feel and look but I cant see why Lexus are not giving the choice of all leather or my type on the sport.I think there are probably a lot of people who prefer leather!!!

I've posted this before but I'll do it again for those who may not have seen it but this is a picture of what I think is the escaine, and to be honest I don't really like it. I personally wouldn't buy a car with what looks like velour seats, so I would either go for an SE/SE-L or get a sport and then re-trim the interior :)

122767206.jpg

They are Escaine all right ...but you could not have them in this colour as they would be tatty in no time.

I would post a picture of the half n half in miy Is 200 but you have to be a goldie to do that and living in Ireland Its not worth my while