Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Colour External & Internal Advice

Ro1

I would like to buy a new IS250. Unfortunately the showrooms or stock areas don't have a good selection of colours available to view yet. The only colours I have seen the new IS250 in are black, silver and green, and only with cloth upholstery or black leather.

Are the new paint colours similar to the GS range?

I was thinking of slate or dark blue. Has anyone seen these colours yet in person or have some good pics? (However, I find it's difficult to tell from the pictures. For instance, the new green colour looks okay in pics, but I didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh!)

For interior colour, is it better to choose black or beige leather?

Which leather colour looks better over time?

Thanks,

Ro.

Black Leather looks best. :P

Black, Silver or Slate would be my choice for exterior with the black leather interior.

How did the fabric look?

I'm waiting for the sport to come out but don't think I'll like the Escaine... :angry:

So may be better with just the base model and upgrade the alloys to 18" :driving:

The fabric was not too bad - silky/shiney on the outer parts. For anyone who didn't want to cough up for the SE spec (called 'Executive' here in Ireland), it wouldn't be a bad choice and significantly cheaper. Most cars in that class sold here (and even 5-series and E-class) are sold with basic spec becuase of the high tax on cars.

I'm looking at a February delivery though for an order placed next week :-(

Do you think black leather will be better in a dark car like the slate rather than beige?

I would like to buy a new IS250.  Unfortunately the showrooms or stock areas don't have a good selection of colours available to view yet.  The only colours I have seen the new IS250 in are black, silver and green, and only with cloth upholstery or black leather.

I was thinking of slate or dark blue.  Has anyone seen these colours yet in person or have some good pics?  (However, I find it's difficult to tell from the pictures.  For instance, the new green colour looks okay in pics, but I didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh!)

Thanks,

Ro.

I have chosen Cadoxton Slate with Oakham Leather on my SE, looks really swish.

The Mesa Red looks really nice and deep, the Canterbury Blue is just gorgous.

As for interior, black leather all the way, so it'll have to be the SE-L, when i went to order my 250 Sport I was told I could not pay extra and have the leather, which sounded ridiculous really, although the 18" wheels do look nice.

I would like to buy a new IS250.  Unfortunately the showrooms or stock areas don't have a good selection of colours available to view yet.  The only colours I have seen the new IS250 in are black, silver and green, and only with cloth upholstery or black leather.

I was thinking of slate or dark blue.  Has anyone seen these colours yet in person or have some good pics?  (However, I find it's difficult to tell from the pictures.  For instance, the new green colour looks okay in pics, but I didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh!)

Thanks,

Ro.

I was originally going for Blue and Bristol had a blue SE-L in the showroom (with cream leather). It looked good under the lights, but they drove it outside so I could see it in natural light and I changed my mind. If it was more like a dark navy I would have gone for it. My SE-L is Cadoxton Slate with Oakham Leather (which is black but not too black if you know what I mean). Even my wife approved!! :shutit:

I don't know if I have been swayed by the marketing literature but I think the Silver with Black leather looks like the best combination. I do like the cream interior but don't know what it will look like after 3 years of use.

@RO1

Have you been in the Cloth seat version and if so what did you think?

I have felt and sat in the cloth version and while it is OK you can't beat a bit of leather!

If I had to have cloth it is definitely something I could live with, but my preference is always for leather.

Nicnac, the cloth seats were perfectly okay and nicer than in most similar cars. The ones I saw were dark in colour. As it costs about eur 5k less, it's not a bad choice, but remember you won't get some of the other extras with the entry-level model.

However, if you can, try to go for the automatic at least - I've never driven an auto as smooth as it. On the test drive, it was almost impossible to tell you had changed gear without looking at the RPM dial.

The concensus for colour choice in leather on a dark slate car seems to be black rather than beige/cream? Anyone in favour of cream at all? Which looks better after three years?

@RO1

That sounds not to bad.

I got a letter from Mahonys Killbarrack to go and organise a test drive so I will do that.

I have escaine/leather ,heated seats at the moment in my sport design so I dont think I could go backwards.I think it would have to be the exec .

Colour choice would definitely be dark /black as the fawn colour would not wear very well in normal use.I think it looks better anyway!

As regards the auto....yes I want to for the first time in my life go for an automatic.The way I see it with the paddles its the best of both worlds.....I must be getting old!!!!!

Regards

Nick

I live in Australia, so these comments may not apply so much in the Northern Hemisphere:

In oz, the cloth seats (called Alacantra) only have the inbuilt heater, leather has heater and cooler which is great in the climate here. The dealer rep told me the cloth is not perforated so can't have the inbuilt cooling.

Dark colours are the most popular, however much harder to keep clean and the swirls in a non-metallic or non-pearlescent dark colour can look quite bad when up close.

The tan interior looks great especially against a dark exterior but gets dirty quite easily, especially in a wet climate and if the pets are allowed in the car.

I started by choosing a Dark Blue/Tan Leather combination IS250, but have now changed to Crystal Mist/Black Leather. The Crystal Mist in Oz is similar to Caspian Sky in the UK, although the colour swatches can be deceptive.

In fact based on the swatches I never would have considered Crystal Mist except I was at a dealership for my 4th test drive yesterday and saw a 6'4" basketball player taking delivery of a Crystal Mist/Black Leather car. I spent half an hour looking at the car from every angle and discussing it with him and his wife. My mind was made up there and then.

Hi Tony,

Alcantara or escaine is a suede leather lookalike manmade fabric that is used as an inlay on the leather seats here and just have heaters although it has holes just like the all leather ones...so ventilation could be fitted if they wanted to...not much need in our climate though.

tell your local tv guys to get a few is250 in Ramsey St so we can have some reason to watch Neighbours!!!

Goodday

Nick

I think its a nice touch if the interior contrasts with the paint colour, so silver-black leather, black-beige leather etc. nearly bought a blue IS with beige.

I'm with saracen though, light colour interiors look pretty cack after a few years no matter how careful you are. Not yet seen an older beige Escaine/Alcantara interior that I would be happy with condition wise

Alcantara/Escaine wears very well and is easy to clean......its all down to the colour....dark /black escaine is gorgeous to touch ,sit in and look at.

I do agree though that any light colour material /fabric etc will look tatty after a few years.

my escaine looks as good as the day i bought the car 2 years ago.

Ireland is obviously as wet as most of the UK, but our roads are not quite as good - less motororways for instance!

I definitely agree that dark is better for the sports seats. What about all-leather seats - will the light colours also look tatty after 3 years?

Nicnac - definitely try an auto on the test drive and be sure to find time to try it in both manual and automatic mode. It will be the best money you've ever spent, particularly if you spend time in Dublin traffic!

@ Ro1

Luckily I live in Fingal area and work in Dundalk so i go up the motorway each morning!35 miles of pleasure.

I think if I lived in Dublin i would Go for a transporter deck as on the Enterprise!!!!