Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hallo to all, today I traded in my 350z roadster for a GS430 and will collect it in a week or so.

Having gone from a 730 BMW to a Z I thought the mid life crisis thing would last a year or so but my back cannot take it and it was killing me so it had to go after 4 months and 3000 miles.

The 430 seemed a different car to the 300 and allthough too quiet for a V8 it still has a muted burble and its my first V8 so quite please about that!

Just reading brochure now and absorbing the many safety features and gizmos - looking forward to trying the radar cruise control - anyone comment on it ? seems to be real cutting edge.

I hope to make a reasonable contribution now I am here !!! :duh:

Dave (I sell telephones hence the user name)

Pick it up wednesday - so far insurance is cheaper than my 350z :D and at least I can get in and outof this thing the Z was too low for me.

The main reason I am trying a Lexus for the 1st time is build quality - I do appreciate a well built car and hate rattles but after two BMW`s a new 530i and a 730d which were not built as well as they should have been - I am hoping this is better. (the 350z puts Jap cars to shame - everything rattled and shook)

On the GS demo run the dash rattled which was blamed on the trade plates on the dash - when I took them off and the rattle stayed with the car the sales guy looked horrified !!

Impressed with all so far - three wheels are scuffed so they are putting 3 new wheels on and are servicing it as well.

Will do a full report on the boot light lumens output once I get used to it - I see its a topic of great concern on the forum :D

Can you get coded mudflaps for the new model - or body spats like the Z ? dealer is not sure !!!

Cheers

Picked up weds, its a ex demo done 9k but lots wrong and its back with them now.

Silicon used to stop squeaks and rattles on dash - so much it filled in the VIN plate on the nearside :o

Poor valet left marks on the headlining

Laquer scratches to both sides

Front nearside bumper pushed in and needed religning

Nearside headlight condensation

I expected more care but to their credit they lent me a brand new RX300 which I have till monday - want the 430 back though, just love the engine !!!

I am gob smacked that someone used silicon.....is this usual practice?

the rest sound quite minor.

I think the new GS is nice, and hope your overall experience of the car is a happy one. Especially as you can compare it to a certain German manufacturer. :)

Its an April 05 car so average miles I guess, I dont do much at present about 30 a day so it will work itself out. And it was relatively cheap!!!

The RX300 loaner was fun but a bit scary on the corners and the centre console was quite nasty in silver plastic.

Get the GS back monday so going to enjoy the V8 a bit