Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Replace High Mounted Stoplight Bulb

I've bought LS400 two years ago. I need to replace the light bulb of the high mounted stoplight/breaklight. Does anyone know how do I get access to the light bulb? I cannot see any obvious access from the booot as well as from inside the car. Any information is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

You need to lift the subwoofer mounting frame off the parcel shelf. Probably the best way to do this without damaging or scratching the plastic is to use a substantial pair of grips/pliers and squeeze the clips from underneath whilst pushing up at the same time. (You'll have to pull some of the trunk lining out of the way to access them.) Once you've done that, the sub should pop right out.

:P

You need to lift the subwoofer mounting frame off the parcel shelf.  Probably the best way to do this without damaging or scratching the plastic is to use a substantial pair of grips/pliers and squeeze the clips from underneath whilst pushing up at the same time.  (You'll have to pull some of the trunk lining out of the way to access them.)  Once you've done that, the sub should pop right out.

:P

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

Josh