Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lex Doesnt Feel Right...

Gully

hey guys, thought i would come here for a bit of advice. my lex has been playing up a bit recently.

steering around corners is not as precise (seems like i have to turn the wheel more than usual, and I feel like I am drifting whenever I go round a round-a-bout) and the brakes dont seem as effective. it means i am driving the beast a lot slower cos I have dont the confidence in it :(

presently i have a spare tyre on cos I am having problems with my current one but I doubt it can really affect it this much can it?

can anyone provide what could be the problem?

hey guys. yeah, i checked tyre pressure recently and all seems to be fine on that front. what i forgot to tell you re: spare tyre is that it is a driver-side tyre which is currently placed on the passenger side! i know, i shouldnt be doing this but i had no choice when i other tyre got screwed.

but even so, would it really make that much difference? and also, it felt like the symptoms were pre the spare tyre anyways...

Mat - very kind on the offer, I may have to take you up on that!

hey guys. yeah, i checked tyre pressure recently and all seems to be fine on that front.  what i forgot to tell you re: spare tyre is that it is a driver-side tyre which is currently placed on the passenger side! i know, i shouldnt be doing this but i had no choice when i other tyre got screwed.

but even so, would it really make that much difference? and also, it felt like the symptoms were pre the spare tyre anyways...

Mat - very kind on the offer, I may have to take you up on that!

yep, if the tyre is directional, it will make the handeling seem very odd, if not dangerous