Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures On Series 2 Sport

Tyre pressures in handbook and on side of B pillar relate to 16 and 17 inch alloys, so useless to me!

Called Lexus UK who said the recommended pressure for Series 2 sport models with their 18 inch alloys covered by 245/40 tyres should be 32 psi all round.

Hope that helps others if they didn't already know.

For the standard Mk1 sport 18" alloys with 245/40 18's I was advised that the recommended pressure is 32psi for normal driving.

I pressume this would also apply for MK2 standard 18" alloys with same size tyres as Mk1

I have a GS Sport Mk II with 245/40/18. I have used 35 psi all round but found that it was too hard and found 32psi just right. Although the ride is still abit harsh, but ...it is a Sport so I'm not complaining. But be really careful in the snow. I reduced my presuures to 29psi to climb the hill where I live and it did the trick

Just be sure to check the presures when the tyres are cold as it can add one two psi.

I'be just chaned the rear tyres £250.00 for two Avon ZZ3 directionals from Just Tyres...bargain. I wished I had changed them to 45s rather than the 40s, but you live and learn

Good luck

I'be just chaned the rear tyres £250.00 for two Avon ZZ3 directionals from Just Tyres...bargain. I wished I had changed them to 45s rather than the 40s, but you live and learn

if you were a gold member, you could have got those tyres for £87 each with this discount :)

Useful to know. I bought the tyres in October two days after I bought the car and then became a member two weeks later.