Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problem,, Plz Help

Razablade

its the orange engine light, ya i kept driving and as i was overtaking the car just shut down.

see when the light comes on.........

that means theres something wrong and you should stop.......fo sure :excl:

now it doesnt even start you have kinda gone to far, your only option is finding someone who is able to read the JDM altezza ecu.

the problem could be anything, basically, your ecu has shut down

Edited by Monster-Mat

You say a Toyota Dealer could not read any faults off the ECU using their diagnostic equipment?

some dealerships dont have access to the japanese software

indeed.

I was curious as to what dealer and what they used as they must have used something to come up with nothing...

You say a Toyota Dealer could not read any faults off the ECU using their diagnostic equipment?

some dealerships dont have access to the japanese software

indeed.

I was curious as to what dealer and what they used as they must have used something to come up with nothing...

or as i suspect...got confused and said they found nothing. :winky:

I got your PM Razablade, but I am still clueless as to what's wrong with mine. What's I've had to do is buy a wrecked one very cheaply and I've transferred the engine and wiring for it last weekend, and doing the final fixings this weekend coming and I'll be rolling again. No one could tell me what was wrong.

I admit it was kind of a long haul thing to do but I was getting nowhere and my car's been down too long. Also, the ECU of these cars controls almost everything in it, so you've got to get someone who has software and equipment that talks to that ecu. That's the only way.

Good luck.

I got your PM Razablade, but I am still clueless as to what's wrong with mine.  What's I've had to do is buy a wrecked one very cheaply and I've transferred the engine and wiring for it last weekend, and doing the final fixings this weekend coming and I'll be rolling again.  No one could tell me what was wrong. 

I admit it was kind of a long haul thing to do but I was getting nowhere and my car's been down too long.  Also, the ECU of these cars controls almost everything in it, so you've got to get someone who has software and equipment that talks to that ecu.  That's the only way. 

Good luck.

will getting a new ecu fix the problem. how much would it cost.

I got your PM Razablade, but I am still clueless as to what's wrong with mine.  What's I've had to do is buy a wrecked one very cheaply and I've transferred the engine and wiring for it last weekend, and doing the final fixings this weekend coming and I'll be rolling again.  No one could tell me what was wrong. 

I admit it was kind of a long haul thing to do but I was getting nowhere and my car's been down too long.  Also, the ECU of these cars controls almost everything in it, so you've got to get someone who has software and equipment that talks to that ecu.  That's the only way. 

Good luck.

will getting a new ecu fix the problem. how much would it cost.

not unless you fix the original problem

when they first hooked it up to the diagnostic equipment, it said the battery was empty so they left it charging overnight, the next day nothing came up.

Flat Battery wiped the fault codes possibly or did you reset the ECU before connecting to the diagnostics, that would defo do it.

not unless you fix the original problem

Like Mat says you need to get to the original problem.

It's either out of sparks or fuel, stating the bleeding obvious. I would check that the MAF sensor is still connected, AFAIK the O2 sensors only come into play when the engine is warm, the engine needs a rich mixture to run cold. Is the fuel pump running when you put the ignition on is there pressur in the fuel line. Also unlikely that you would lose sparks on all cylinders at the same time e.g all coil packs or all plugs.

And as Mat said earlier a warning light is just that, don't drive with any warning light on, stop and check WTF is wrong.