Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear. Conclusion Analysis Poll

Tony-Bones

If this area involved you, were was it.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If this area involved you, were was it.

• 1 :NSF
    • 2 :NSR
    • 3 :OSF
    • 4 :OSR

As most know tyre wear on the IS is very much a problem, as part of my study i would like to ask you to volunteer the cars year/ model and area of tyre wear.

NSF: inner/ outer

NSR: inner/ outer

OSF: inner/ outer

OSR: inner/ outer

From this information an overall 'distress' area can be realized, sorry to use your past experiences to map this but unfortunately you own the best example.

If you can really expand, what mileage was you allowed on the tyre with the greatest loss.

And to really take the Micky, when the tyres were fitted were you offered wheel alignment or a geometry?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Never done a 'poll' before.... so if it goes 'tit's up' the cat gets it :huh:

Please understand EVERYONE this is not an advert for me!.

This is real time..... ( my time ) conclusion in the final stages to confidently conclude Geometry positions for you!

One year in the mapping, 200 cars, 50 'fine tunes' 30 second 'fine tunes' The Lexus Health Check Meet and 'LOTS' of help from the 'Moderators' allowing me to conclude this problem, (Moderators i thank you for your unseen time )

A need to conclude this geometry area is a must, WIM must not be the only area for escape, let's go public.........

I selected OSF - but it was inner edges of both. Toyo Proxes. 225/40/18. After about 3-4k it became noticable. Never offered alignment. But got it done by you not long after.

That was my last set. Prior to this, have had numerous wheels and tyres (ranging from Dunlop, Michelin to Falken, Avon and Toyo) in 17 and 18 inch guises both on the Tezza and previous IS200. On ALL occasions, front inners would wear.

Edited by Zee007

I selected OSF - but it was inner edges of both.  Toyo Proxes.  225/40/18.  After about 3-4k it became noticable.  Never offered alignment.  But got it done by you not long after.

That was my last set.  Prior to this, have had numerous wheels and tyres (ranging from Dunlop, Michelin to Falken, Avon and Toyo) in 17 and 18 inch guises both on the Tezza and previous IS200.  On ALL occasions, front inners would wear.

Actually i was looking at your geometry report 'Today' ..... how weired is that :huh: Reason? i was checking the 'fine tunes' 'who has? and who has not' you was a 'not' :huh: .... understandably those who travel 100's of miles and cannot see a problem are unlikely to travel 100's of miles again, but this does leave a void for me? reason is they must of been in much distress ( hence the distance ) and i would love to re-check that set-up. This is seemingly denied.

Come on LOC this is a 'Years Work'..... for the sake of others. use those fingers... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links