Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worlds Weather Gone Mad

LexAzur

The worlds weather is going mad last nite in Monaco white stuff starting falling around 16.30 causing quite a few problems :huh:

The folks in Monaco with their big powerfull cars found out that they don't go very well in this strange white stuff, just spinning their wheels and sliding :duh:

I have taken some photos this morning of (the famous Rascasse Cafe corner for all you F1 fans looks a little different than F1 weekend) and if anyone is interested and can tell me how to :mat: post them I will do so

hehehe - bet the 430 stayed at the kerb for a while in that weather!  :D

That was this morning and the roads where quite clear but last nite I got out :P just as the fun and games started :whistling:

Not looking forward to the :driving: drive back to the uk on the 12 December across France, praying for some mild weather during that trip or could end up stuck somewhere with lots of wheel spin :hehe:

Not looking forward to the :driving:  drive back to the uk on the 12 December across France, praying for some mild weather during that trip or could end up stuck somewhere with lots of wheel spin :hehe:

yeah - it snowed by us on Xmas Day last year.

Had to get up a pretty tame incline, and anything but the slightest touch on the accelerator and the rear wheels would slip, and the back end start to slide.

Good job it was Xmas - so there was nothing on the road behind me as I ever so slowly chugged up the hill, with the car practically on tick over :blush:

My fingers are crossed that the weather clears enough for a safe trip back :)

Is it really that bad Matt?

Ive not driven my GS in snow yet !!!

my rear wheels will spin on dry roads if im not carefull not looking forward to snow arrghhh!!

my GS came with P Zero rubber.

I think the P-Zero's are the problem.

I was getting loads of rear wheel spin with those, even in slightly damp conditions.

Changed em for Eagle F1's - not had those problems since.

Not driven in the snow with them though.

Yes - it was that bad Brett, but then again, this is a reasonably powerful, rear wheel drive car, on big, wide, low profile summer tyres - not the best combination for driving in the snow.

Is it really that bad Matt?

Ive not driven my GS in snow yet !!!

my rear wheels will spin on dry roads if im not carefull not looking forward to snow arrghhh!!

my GS came with P Zero rubber.

I let you know if I make it back and what the car is like. Away from the coast of France the snow can be very bad :o . Last year I had to drive my GS300 and that was not too bad but since I have got the 430 I have noticed the rear wheels will spin at any loose service, as you said too much power, rear wheel drive and wide tyres

I have about 1,200 kms to drive each way so I will prey for mild weather.I haven't tried the snow setting yet but I think if you push the button the 430 drives to the nearest hotel and :ph34r: hides in the car park.

Think of me :driving: on Monday 12 December