Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Or Not To Is300?

javaboss

Hi everyone,

I went down to Lexus Hadleigh a couple of weeks ago to have my IS200's alloys replaced due to the well known corrosion problem. The dealer was great and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Whilst I was there the sales guy was reeling me in to purchase a lovely IS300. I have to say that I was very very tempted and he offered me a fantastic price for my 18 month old IS200 SE auto. It'll be 2 years old in April next year.

What do you guys think of trading it in for an IS300? Would it be worth it? I've read the the IS300 is a pretty heavy car fuel comsumption wise. Is this true?

Regards,

Neil.

Having driven the 200 we waited for the 300 to come out. Drove it and bought it, (from Lexus Hadleigh as it happens)

It's always going to be thirstier than the 200 but not excessively so. The chassis is more than capable of coping with the power, the traction control can be a bit intrusive and you need to get used to the e-shift gearbox (if you don't leave it in auto all the time).

Overall I cannot fault the car and have never regretted going for the 300 over the 200 (even though the 200 is an extremely good car)

Go on - you know you wanna B)

Yep ! Go on, do it.

I can't fault my IS300.

It is a bit thirsty around town, but I don't bother working out the mpg, what you don't know can't hurt you !

;)

If you want one ........... buy one.

Have you test driven one yet ?

Cheers ............... bs :ph34r:

I've had an IS200 (SE/Auto Nav) for a couple of years now, and have looked at seemingly EVERYTHING trying to find a replacement.

Having tried the likes of BMW, Audi, Volvo, Merc, Porsche.... I concluded that I love the IS200....

... but then I tried the IS300 :)

I agree with bigsul though... I don't expect the fuel consumption to be too upsetting (going by the book, should use around 10% more fuel) but what you don't know can't hurt you.

I'm waiting for the nice people at Lexus reading to confirm the delivery date of my IS300 today :D

Anything up to eight weeks.

However, when I placed the order late on Thursday night, there was an Astral Black IS300 / Nav sat in the import centre, but another dealer had a "hold" on it.

Reading were hoping to acquire that car when the "hold" expired at 23:59 on Friday - in which case it could be a matter of days..... :unsure:

The guy I'm dealing with is out until after lunch today... and the suspense is killing me :crying:

...sadly, the black one went to the dealer who had it on hold.

But.... there's a nice blue one at the centre in Bristol, with my name on it :D

Reading are telling me that it'll take two weeks or so to get this to me though.... does it really take that long? There must be a way to speed that up....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Like Javaboss - I'm going to change my 2000X IS200SE for smthg else. Against a IS300 my car was valued at just over £13K. Overall I've been extremely happy with my IS & the Coventry dealer - The stereo (13903) has just been replaced due to ERROR3 problem, I've had two complete sets of alloys - the latest having some wild coating where breakdust can just be jetwashed off (instead of using wonder wheels etc).

There's a big but tho' - Cruise sounds good, auto box doesn't. I've taken the IS300 out a couple of times and played the Eshift buttons. This is the rub, I've always had manual gearboxes and the IS200's manual, on the whole, is very satisfying. I do a mixture of parking, usually around M40/M42/M5/M6. The question really is, has any IS200 manual devotee already made the plunge and gone for IS300 and was it a succesful leap?

Whaoooo, 40290 € for a Sportcross, without bargaim, a Private joke for the #1 best Lexus sales man at Manchester, + 4000 € for the Electrical Sun roof and the DVD GPS Player.

61000 € is a huge price !!!!, the one of a SC430 down there.

YES YOU CAN BARGAIM THE LEXUS PRICE :withstupid:

I picked up my new IS300 yesterday morning.

I think I can emphatically support the "Go with the IS300" argument. It's just fabulous.

:D :P :D

Congratulations !

You have now joined a rather exclusive band of car owners, good looking and extremely virile, apparently. ;)

Cheers ..................... bs :ph34r:

:hohoho: Merry Xmas :hohoho:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links