Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diesel Lexus

newport

This topic must of been on here before and I must of missed it.

I see the new IS Diesel is out next year :crybaby: well there goes the brand.

Has Fords took over Lexus or something, is anyone on here going to buy a 4 cly Diesel Lexus? ahh not this guy.

Jag launched their first diesel a few years back and did wonders for their sales as they were known for being gas guzzlers.

The only bad thing is that their will be far more Lexiis on the road, good news is that it will silence the critics who think BMWs are the best thing since sliced bread!

Yeah, but for every guy that won't buy one (which includes me as there's no auto) there will be queue of those that will.

See BMW 320D for details.

One of the directors in work fancied my Lexus, but went for a Jag in the end as he wanted a diesel. How many others have done the same?

Lexus have had plenty of Toyota diesel engines at their disposal for ages (the Land Cruiser amazon has the choice of 4.7 petrol or 4.2 turbodiesel), this is a market they should've targeted years ago.

Yeah, but for every guy that won't buy one (which includes me as there's no auto) there will be queue of those that will.

See BMW 320D for details.

One of the directors in work fancied my Lexus, but went for a Jag in the end as he wanted a diesel. How many others have done the same?

Lexus have had plenty of Toyota diesel engines at their disposal for ages (the Land Cruiser amazon has the choice of 4.7 petrol or 4.2 turbodiesel), this is a market they should've targeted years ago.

no need in the past. US was the only real market Lexus were concerned about. They now want more of the Europe market which is why the cars are being designed differently and the introduction of a diesel model.

Like I say " There goes the brand "

Lexus will end up like BMW one on every street corner :shutit: pumping out diesel smoke and noise. :yack:

I really thought Lexus had more class :angry:

The engine is meant to be the best in class in terms of emmsions and refinement.

It has a very low compression ratio to stop the shake and noise you normally get. I think you need to test drive it before dismissing it.

The IS200 engine isn't exactly great, you could say the brand went then.

The engine is meant to be the best in class in terms of emmsions and refinement.

It has a very low compression ratio to stop the shake and noise you normally get. I think you need to test drive it before dismissing it.

The IS200 engine isn't exactly great, you could say the brand went then.

nah the brand went when i got one :hehe: i will reserve judgement until i find out more personally i dislike diesels but i have driven one purely for cost effectiveness and to keep the mileage down on the GS.

A diesel is just a invitation for all the cheap skatts to buy a Lexus.

Lexus the reps car. a higher class mondao :shutit:

I will say it again "There goes the brand"

F*cked. Its only a matter of time.

A diesel is just a invitation for all the cheap skatts to buy a Lexus.

Lexus the reps car.  a higher class mondao :shutit:

I will say it again  "There goes the brand"

F*cked. Its only a matter of time.

given that HSBC and a few other blue chips have used the IS200 as a company car since they came out you could say it was a higher class reps mondeo years ago mate.

i dont think the IS220d is a bad thing at all, quite a few people have been after a Lexus diesel, especially with the petrol models not offering fantastic mpg. they just want to boost sales and take more of a european market share - and you cant blame them, they are a business after all!

I stand up to be "slapped down" here.

But, was Lexus not set up by Toyota to target the BMW and Merc market segment, up market end of the "middle class" market. So as more Lexus cars go on the "lower end" e.g, older end of the second hand market there will be more on the streets. Just like BMW and Merc are now.

When I bought the IS 3 years ago we used to play spot the Lex to keep the kids amused, now it's oh f*ck nearly hit that IS!

Anyway the fact is the Lex looks better, is better quality and you get more for your money than any of the Germanic equivalents and that's why we all bought them. If you want exclusive buy a Roller FFS!

Then on modern styling, the new IS is a great looking car, I look over, ah there's a new IS, opps that's a Beeemer 3 or was it a 5 series, think it's a 5, no it's a 3 with a short a**ed driver :tomato:

All those lovely convex curves in the bodies look lovely, but major cost to fix in a small "ding".

Anyway if I had £20K+ to spare I would have one.

Blindfold is on, five rounds, fire at will :crybaby:

I stand up to be "slapped down" here.

But, was Lexus not set up by Toyota to target the BMW and Merc market segment, up market end of the "middle class" market. So as more Lexus cars go on the "lower end" e.g, older end of the second hand market there will be more on the streets. Just like BMW and Merc are now.

When I bought the IS 3 years ago we used to play spot the Lex to keep the kids amused, now it's oh f*ck nearly hit that IS!

Anyway the fact is the Lex looks better, is better quality and you get more for your money than any of the Germanic equivalents and that's why we all bought them. If you want exclusive buy a Roller FFS!

Then on modern styling, the new IS is a great looking car, I look over, ah there's a new IS, opps that's a Beeemer 3 or was it a 5 series, think it's a 5, no it's a 3 with a short a**ed driver :tomato:

All those lovely convex curves in the bodies look lovely, but major cost to fix in a small "ding".

Anyway if I had £20K+ to spare I would have one.

Blindfold is on, five rounds, fire at will :crybaby:

:withstupid:

I think I can understand why they have introduced a diesel, it was inevitable with all the diesels around nowadays.

However, all the reviews are saying that its an awful diesel, although powerful, its noisy and unrefined, which is very un-lexus imo :o

Why did they not in the same way as the IS250 (scrapping the 200) make an exclusive diesel, maybe a 2.5 6cyl unit, that purred and showed all the other diesels the way, in true lexus fashion B)

I don't even like the diesels that reviews say are good, so it seems this one is really gonna make me cringe. Seems Lexus may have sold out with this one :(

I was going to buy the new GS one day, But seeing the Lexus diesel looks like the new GS Im now off the idea.

I would buy a Roller if it dident look like the bleeding QE2, Rolls Royce dident go diesel to get a higher market share, I wonder why afterall they are a business. Has Lexus got some new idiots in their marketing dept or what ?. if so send them back to Toyota where they belong.

I thought Toyota was the low end of their business and Lexus was the high end, that gap is now set to get smaller, at least the IS is a 6cly which put off the mondeo crowd but now that is about to change.

I will just stay with my GS mrk1 at least it will never look like a bloody DIESEL.

There was a Poll thread in the other room a few days ago, regarding why people own lexus, whether it's for the brand or for the car.

Personally i voted "The Car" because i wouldn't have cared what the brand is. It just happens to be a bonus that Lexus is the brand. Although if we think about it, no other company has as much style or finesse to create such a fine vehicle.

IMHO i always thought we drove a car, not a badge!

I was going to buy the new GS one day, But seeing the Lexus diesel looks like the new GS Im now off the idea.

I would buy a Roller if it dident look like the bleeding QE2, Rolls Royce dident go diesel to get a higher market share, I wonder why afterall they are a business.  Has Lexus got some new idiots in their marketing dept or what ?. if so send them back to Toyota where they belong.

I thought Toyota was the low end of their business and Lexus was the high end, that gap is now set to get smaller, at least the IS is a 6cly which put off the mondeo crowd but now that is about to change.

I will just stay with my GS mrk1 at least it will never look like a bloody DIESEL.

i think you have ideas of grandure above your station

lexus is middle of the road car

not high end class

Im guessing lexus/toyota have better people working in the marketing departmment than any other car company in the world...just look at the figures.

Comparing your GS to a roller.......i think u need to realise that your driving a cheap mid range car.

your cra dooesnt exactly cost 150k now does it?

I would buy a Roller if it dident look like the bleeding QE2, Rolls Royce dident go diesel to get a higher market share, I wonder why afterall they are a business.  Has Lexus got some new idiots in their marketing dept or what ?. if so send them back to Toyota where they belong.

not high end class

Im guessing lexus/toyota have better people working in the marketing departmment than any other car company in the world...just look at the figures.

Comparing your GS to a roller.......i think u need to realise that your driving a cheap mid range car.

Looks like youve missed all the points of this thread mate,

Try staying off the drugs.

not high end class

Looks like youve missed all the points of this thread mate,

Try staying off the drugs.

oh i am indeedd sorry

will not voice my opinions in future

but u clearly dont know how a business works if you think its a bad move by lexus, its one of their best moves yet introducing diesel engine's

Ive run a business for many many years and I see your view of what a business is is very narrow, a good business is not about unit sales but customer service and taking care of the ones you have, there are customers that a good business just dont need or want.

Lexus going diesel may earn Lexus more unit sales, but are they the right type of customers ?.

You will be the first to complain when Lexus service is over loaded with ex Mondeo owners and others complaining about the MPG or what ever on their new Lexus diesel, and draging Lexus service and name down to Fords level.

Ive run a business for many many years and I see your view of what a business is  is very narrow, a good business is not about unit sales but customer service and taking care of the ones you have, there are customers that a good business just dont need or want.

Lexus going diesel may earn Lexus more unit sales, but are they the right type of customers ?.

You will be the first to complain when Lexus service is over loaded with ex Mondeo owners and others complaining about the MPG or what ever on their new Lexus diesel, and draging Lexus service and name down to Fords level.

from my last 8 months experience of all aspects of lexus service i would say they are well below ford anyway! :tsktsk: :shutit:

Ive always found Lexus service the best ive ever had from any car company by far.

lucky you, i know quite a few peeps who have had terrible service which only gets sorted by getting lexus gb involved, me included. i had better service from vauxhall!

anyway back on topic, like you im not a diesel fan but i dont have a problem with lexus offering a diesel. it was inevitable really and with them being a young brand it was only a matter of time before prices dropped and the exclusivity shattered! i dont see lexus as a prestige brand, if the IS was made by any other manufacturer i still would have bought it because i love the car.

diesels - can't see me ever owning one but the hybrid - definitely!