Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installation Of A Specs Camera

MrADeveci

The Holmesdale Tunnel which is the tunnel by junction 25 on the M25 is going to have SPECS cameras fitted in it.

map.gif

These are very small CCTV type cameras which work on ANPR-type number plate readings.

They are a set distance apart and read your number plate as you pass each camera. If you travel between the two in too short a time frame, then you are obviously speeding and your picture is taken.

These will be introduced with very little or no publicity.

This is being done as the Holmesdale tunnel is quite an accident hotspot, so tell everyone you possibly can to keep their speed down as they go through the tunnel to reduce the likelihood of causing any accidents.

;)

Edited by ScarFace

i`m getting confused now.

how come this camera is not painted dayglo yellow with plenty of warnings etc as they do with the gatso cameras??????????????????

do they only have to advertise certain cameras?

just for a laugh though i drove past a local one using a mobile, no seatbelt, eating crisps, reading advertsing signs, letching at women, fog lights on and side to side......'cos there ain`t no police on dem roads.............

Please note, i may not have done this Mr. Online Watchdog :ph34r::ph34r:

my traffic plod  friend says "you what?".

regarding the instalation of SPECS at that location....can you confirm Ahmet

I got the email from a work mate direct ........... so it's come from 'inside' :ph34r:

update Mr S. Face

and i quote......

"..........Erm.. this'll just be over the renovation period I'd imagine as new fixed emplacements are currently banned from being erected! ....."
Edited by Monster-Mat

EU saftey directive will require speed enforcement for any tunnel with lanes of a certain width and gradients of a certain %....

Unfortunatly..... I have had far tooooo much Guiness + Henikan + Kronenberg Blanc + Kingfisher + Courvoisier VSOP tp remember ! :)

SPECS is a very common way of enforcing speed restrictions through road works. However.. just jump lanes between measureing points ;)