Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Screen Washer Doesn't Work...

Help... Went to do wash/wipe just now and whilst the wipers are working no fluid is coming out. Washer bottle is full, and when I use wash/wipe I can't hear any motors whirring. Whats the likely problem? Does it have its own fuse?

• 2 weeks later...
Help... Went to do wash/wipe just now and whilst the wipers are working no fluid is coming out. Washer bottle is full, and when I use wash/wipe I can't hear any motors whirring. Whats the likely problem? Does it have its own fuse?

Mine did that last week - Try spraying with the bonnet open.. if water comes out the bonnet lining then it's likely to be what I assume is a flow regulator which came apart.

Under the bonnet soundprooing between the two jets is a small black "thing" inline with the pipe. Mine had come apart and all I found was a spring inside. I pushed it back together but after two sprays it fell apart again. I glued it with rubber solution glue so I could pull it apart again if I needed. Now I've fixed it the drivers side sprays OK but the passenger side is a bit weak on one spray and none-existant on the other.

Having thought about it I suspect the "thing" is a regulator to balance up the spray, I guess the sring held a stopper against the pipe to make more water go to the passenger side.

If it wasn't so damn old I'd go to the scrappy and see if I can find something on an old Toyota to put in.

• 1 month later...