Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well folks, my 3 month old £45k sexy Lexy ain't well!

This is the message I sent to Dr. Lexus :

Quote:

"These are the messages and faults that gradually arose in the last week:

Check Hybrid system

Check VSC system

Cruise control

Boot could not be opened

Auto steering wheel retraction not working

No passenger windows would open from Driver’s pad

No Auto on Moonroof on open or tilt.

No windows will open on auto (flashing light on drivers switch)

No power regenerated on braking or deceleration

No fuel consumption shown on “Consumption” bar graph. Other displays were ok.

No parking or headlight warning light on dash

No warning tone when light left on

The rear parking sensor gave a continuous tone when reversing even when there was nothing close by. I thought it was because of dirt but it wasn’t. Like the other problems that have cleared, it seems better now, but will it stay ok?

No adaptive headlight levelling or movement.

No electric mirror movement.

I can’t think of any more just now!

However, on Wednesday evening they nearly all came back one by one, with cruise control last, as I was driving! The warning message has even gone!

So that just leaves the Moonroof and also rear windows not working from driver’s door or auto from any door. (Since I wrote this yesterday the front passenger door came right!)

So do you think your folks can diagnose and correct the fault as it is now?

If possible I am happy to fix it myself if I know what to look for!

By the way, I have few niggles that would be nice to get fixed if possible 

I notice than when installing the parking sensors on the front bumper, the paint was scored at the edge of the sensor where the hole was drilled. I think it is the nearside one. Do you think you could have it touched up please?

There are a couple of small stone chips next to the grill, but I guess they are my problem!

Also the front parking sensor switch is upside down and feels dodgy. It is not giving a positive click when pressed!

Sometimes I get a loud squeaking from the back seats. I think it is the leather in the arm rest rubbing against the leather seats as it seems to stop when I let the armrest down. Any Ideas?"

Unquote!

Well they were very reponsive and sent an IS 200 down to me 100 miles away and collected sexy Lexy on Friday 2 Dec 05

They are due to bring her back on Tuesday.

They say all faults should be recorded in Lexy's memory, so I am waiting with bated breath!!!

Has anyone else had this kind of misfortune?

Billy

Hey Billy I think you have got an electrical problem. First point of call on these is normally to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes , reconnect and see if thy have gone away.

Good luck with the hospital.

Thanks Steve.

Actually, when the car was 10 days old I had the same problem which disappeared after I accidentally flattened the Battery.

This time I tried both flattening Battery and disconnecting it but no improvement...

Has the car being hit by lightning!.  that's the biggest catalog of electrical complaints i have ever seen............. 'best of luck mate!'

Looks like it, but.... No!! :)

Sorry mate, i didn't want to read negative but...... fkm.... that is a 'tits up' read. I feel really sorry and worried for you! and 'hand on heart' hope all works out well :crybaby:

On a positive note... :D

'Beep'.. :crybaby:

Now did that deliver a little smile!.... (be honest) :huh:

Things 'Will' work out right after these 'teething' problems i am sure!... enjoy the car, learn all within, then allow LOC to 'punch' any 'imperfections' out of the system with 100% support.

Although there appears to be a lot wrong with the vehicle the way all the electrical systems intercommunication these days it's probably just one thing that's wrong which is causing all the problems. Hopefully your dealer will be able to sort it out quickly for you.

Anti static strips.....that will sort the problem... :)

also stop wearing rubber footwear..........

and any other kinky rubber fettish items.......... OOOOEEEERRRR :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Hope Dr Lexus sorted your problem out. Just to rub it in I bought the 400hsel demo model from the same place in Newcastle in October so you probably drove my vehicle. I hope what you have got isnt catching! I must say I am delighted with mine. I was interested in your comment about front parking sensors. Could you give me any info please. Many thanks

I await with bated breath :whistling: ....................Well :whistling:

It has now made a full recovery thanks :)

The initial diagnosis was low voltage when the car was delivered and the system should have been reinitialised and wasn't!

HOWEVER, just as they were bringing it back, all the faults reappeared, so they had to think again.

They replaced the 12v Battery and Lexus said replace the Hybrid system ECU, so they did and now it seems to be a happy Lexy again, and I am a happy Billy :driving: I now realise it is prob not a good idea to flatten or disconnect the Battery as it needs reinitialising. Now how do I do that in 4 years time? :)

PS I did not like the loan IS200 which they kindly lent me for the week FREE!

The handling is very bad on icy roads and I kept getting stuck in mud on the village green making me really popuar! ( I have to reverse onto it to get out of my drive) My 400 H has NO problems like that at all and handles really well.

But then you would expect it for double the price. :blink:

BFN

Happy Billy

Has the car being hit by lightning!.  that's the biggest catalog of electrical complaints i have ever seen............. 'best of luck mate!'

Looks like it, but.... No!! :)

Sorry mate, i didn't want to read negative but...... fkm.... that is a 'tits up' read. I feel really sorry and worried for you! and 'hand on heart' hope all works out well :crybaby:

On a positive note... :D

'Beep'.. :crybaby:

Now did that deliver a little smile!.... (be honest) :huh:

Things 'Will' work out right after these 'teething' problems i am sure!... enjoy the car, learn all within, then allow LOC to 'punch' any 'imperfections' out of the system with 100% support.

Thanks! I have been off for a little while and have just seen this!

Yes it got a smile :)

See post I put on a moment ago.

Hi

Hope Dr Lexus sorted your problem out. Just to rub it in I bought the 400hsel demo model from the same place in Newcastle in October so you probably drove my vehicle. I hope what you have got isnt catching! I must say I am delighted with mine. I was interested in your comment about front parking sensors. Could you give me any info please. Many thanks

Nope, I only had a drive by the salesman in the Bradford demo model, so never drove a demo until I got mine!!

Yep all sorted. See my post just now.

They touched up the scratches around parking sensor and also 2 small stone chips FOC :)

They also replaced front sensor switch.

Back sensors had one faulty unit which they replaced. Ithink it is ok noe but still gives a long beep tone when I engage reverse,

Is this normal?

I have to give Dr, Lexus Newcastle full marks for effort in trying to sort it out.

They kept it for a week till they were sure it was ok, which I am pleased about!

When Bob the driver was taking their car back he had gone 10 miles when he found my mobile in the IS 200, and was kind enough to come back with it!

Now that is SERVICE!!!

Back sensors had one faulty unit which they replaced. Ithink it is ok noe but still gives a long beep tone when I engage reverse,

Is this normal?

Doesn't sound right. When I engage reverse (I've got the Lexus LPA400 reversing sensors, fitted myself) I get a brief beep, then it shuts up until things get close, at this point it starts beeping. When they get closer it beeps faster. When they get too close it emits a constant beeeeeeeeep until they move further away (or I change out of neutral!).