Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help E_bay Account Hijacked

Jocksuper7

help, my e-bay account has been hijacked, i have contacted them to tell them that it has happened, but is there anythinbg i should do in the mean time cause it takes up to 72 hrs to get an answer

any ideas?????

I guess you need to keep chacking to see if anything is advertised with your eBay account. Also is it attached to a paypal account or anything if so you may need to check that.

Have you had an email purported from eBay recently asking you to login? If so this was how it was done.

dont know always v carefull with passwords, change them regular ( have to at work so its a habit i have ) no i have nothing from e-bay since i changed my pass words earlier today, have severed the link to paypal from my account but still nowt from e-bay

I hope you didn't get one of those moody emails from eBay that tell you your account password needs to be changed ..... etc etc ...... then you log in and it's all a scam !! :o

Cancel all your bank details to PayPal and eBay now ! before it gets nasty ...........

What's your account name? Worth checking to see what you've allegedly got for sale, and warning off any bidders (or putting in killer £1,000,000 bids that aren't going to be paid!)

Killer bids can be sent from an account knocked up specifically for the purpose.

its sorted now, an IP addres from north america made a password change, e-bay have reset my account (password wise) and are investigating any use of my username.

cheers for all your advice