Sign in to follow this  
barga

Misting Up Condinsation

Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem as me with condinsation on all the windows or is this me that cant work the heating system. What are the best setting for this type of system

Most mornings currently I get in the car and there is condensation. However I just turn the blower to windscreen, up to max, aircon is automatically on at this, and rear screen heater on - clears very quickly.

Misting goes almost immediately.

my car sometimes has a funny mood where it gets condensation on the front window, air con is on auto, everything normal. to get rid of the problem open the window for about 30 seconds and then its sorts itself out. doesn't do it very often so i've not bothered getting the dealer to have a look but might do if the problem gets worse over the winter.

Most AC systems have a built in De-humidifier, which is why it is best to leave them on auto. In my last car (A mitsti FTO) you could also run the AC in ECO mode which switched off the de-humidifier and therefore misted up the windows in damp conditions, if yours mists on AUTO maybe you have a problem with the de-humidifier, could be worth getting it checked by a dealer.

My experience with the IS is that if you turn off the AC or swith off AUTO mode it can start to mist up, (worse if you've had a shower or if the other half has washed her hair!) but switching to AUTO clears rapidly.