Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

De-badging

maneesh

I'm contemplating de-badging my car for that discreet look.

Options:

1. Take the "LEXUS" and "GS300" off the back

2. As 1, plus take the rear "L" off

3. As 2, plus take the front "L" off

I'm thinking option 1.

Is it as simple as heating up with a hairdryer, then using floss to cut through the adhesive, then T-cut to get rid of the residue?

Ah, when you take the badges off, are you left with holes?

I'm contemplating de-badging my car for that discreet look.

Options:

1. Take the "LEXUS" and "GS300" off the back

2. As 1, plus take the rear "L" off

3. As 2, plus take the front "L" off

I'm thinking option 1.

Is it as simple as heating up with a hairdryer, then using floss to cut through the adhesive, then T-cut to get rid of the residue?

Ah, when you take the badges off, are you left with holes?

Nah!! Be like Citroen! Noticed that the Chevrons have got BIGGER!! ??

On the C4 they're a part of the bonnet design even!.

I think for you, Mr Man, a giant golden L on the front.....? And Glitter LEXUS!!! on the back! (Or light up in blue neon?):lol::lol::driving::lol::lol:

Cheers guys. I will start with Option 1 and see how it looks from there. Yeah Chris, I think I will give the flashy badges a miss ;-) Although if you have a set of chrome rims for me, then we could do a deal!

Cheers guys. I will start with Option 1 and see how it looks from there. Yeah Chris, I think I will give the flashy badges a miss ;-) Although if you have a set of chrome rims for me, then we could do a deal!

How about GOLD Rims AND all gold trim? With Blacked out windows..... :lol:

(I saw a custom pick-up YEARS ago with all Bronze plate. Looked good!)

Just got a Maroon Ser 4 400, but gold doesn't match maroon? Black badges? :yawn::question:

I just have LEXUS badge on the rear of mine and the usually front L badge. Looks wicked at the back.  :D

You got any pics of the back kazdul? can't see it very well in the garage pic.

No probs buddy, as soon as I return home i'll try and post some up. Trust me though, does look really unique :winky:

Wosket noticed it in the car park whilst at the Xmas bash meet the other night and was won over by it. :D

De badged mine last night, just left the "L"..........Looks much better, used the hairdryer & floss trick with no problems. Small amount of glue/tacky left on the boot but a quick wipe with WD40 cleaned it off a treat :)

Couple of pics added:

121278497.jpg

121278505.jpg

Also worth a mention is the Silvervision bulbs I replaced the OEM ones with in the rear indicator lens a few weeks ago.

Keith

Well, looking at the posted IS pics....looks good! Keep it simple seems to be efficacious!

Couldnt find any photos of my beast with the word Lexus on the back....which is bizzare as I took loads..... :blink: I'll hunt them down somewhere!!

Did you try measuuring it up yourself with just the word Lexus Cous3?

Looks really good but odd at first :D