Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accesories For Rx400r

wouldn't know about those.. I did get a quote for the Bluetooth compLEmentary kit though (i.e. holder, cradle, and charger for the phone) and it came to just over £400 including VAT including discount.

I figure that a £9.50 gooseneck cradle/holder which I can mount to the side of the console and a £6.50 nokia charger is much better value for money ;)

Okay, the B.Tooth compLEmentary kit also has an aerial which is discreetly affixed to the windscreen, but 95% of the country these days is perfectly accessible without an external or supplemental aerial anyway.

Leland

About to purchase an  RX400r and have been quoted the following prices for access which the dealer says have been discounted. All include fitting an vat.

Are they good value?

Bumper protector  - £120.95

Rubber boot liner - £98.95

Mud flaps x 4    - £135.49

Thanks

Try asking for them before you sign - worked for me. I was also prepared to take my business to another dealer. I find it irritating when they start grabbing pennies. You can always buy the bumper protector and stick it on yourself - I know someone who got it for under £80 although that was a rubber one rather than the silver.

If you're thinking of getting the GAP insurance and VPP, don't let them get away with charging £600+ - they can supply both for under £600. If not, arrange both yourself GAP Insurance

This policy is identical to the dealer one I was offered, and when I produced the evidence, I was offered the dealer policy for a mere £250 !

Good luck !

About to purchase an  RX400r and have been quoted the following prices for access which the dealer says have been discounted. All include fitting an vat.

Are they good value?

Bumper protector  - £120.95

Rubber boot liner - £98.95

Mud flaps x 4     - £135.49

Thanks

Try asking for them before you sign - worked for me. I was also prepared to take my business to another dealer. I find it irritating when they start grabbing pennies. You can always buy the bumper protector and stick it on yourself - I know someone who got it for under £80 although that was a rubber one rather than the silver.

If you're thinking of getting the GAP insurance and VPP, don't let them get away with charging £600+ - they can supply both for under £600. If not, arrange both yourself GAP Insurance

This policy is identical to the dealer one I was offered, and when I produced the evidence, I was offered the dealer policy for a mere £250 !

Good luck !

The prices are about the same as I was quoted, BUT:

I figured I only need the bumper protector when I scratch the bumper. It may never happen and in the meantime I have a nice shiny bumper.

I didn't want to drill holes for mudflaps so I made my own self adhesive ones from this material:

http://www.quietpc.com/uk/materials.php#aps

It sticks well and gives better coverage imho :)