Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dreaded Err3

OK, I know there have been a couple of posts already about this :sleeping: , so I'll try to keep it short...

on my '99 IS sport when I press the eject button for the CD it flicks over to the tuner, when I press CD again I get the dreaded ERR3 error. I'm sure it used to stay on the tuner whilst ejecting (?)

I've got this a couple of times in the past but managed to get around it, but it's not working this time - anyone know of a fix? I think someone mentioned removing a fuse - does this work - is it a permanant fix, or should I get it down to the dealers and get it fixed (replacement?) under (extended) warentee?

Cheers,

Div.

Thanks for your advice - I gave it a little nudge, but the things so solidly built.. Iv'e had cars previously which would fall apart with this sort of nudge!.

I took it in to the dealers (my first trip since buying!), who were as curteous and efficient as I'd hope for. They ordered a new replacement radio (and clutch pedal - it clicked) before I could say anything - nice one Lexus Reading.

So the car will be going in shortly once they have time and a courtesy car available. I'll be posting a dealer review once it's all fixed.

Div.

• 2 weeks later...

Was your car still in some sort of warranty if they ordered up a new stereo for you 'just like that'?

Mine suffered the same problem (IN warranty) so I took it to Lexus Coventry and almost had the 3rd degree - showing proof of last service etc etc and initially was told that if it was not considered a warranty problem 'the last one cost about £360.00'!

It was also suggested that trying to play PC burnt CD's probably causes it.

In the end they replaced it for nothing. At the same time I mentioned that the passenger door opening 'silver' handle had a sharp burr on it. They looked at it apparently but I don't think they did anything about it.

To cap it all they replaced the air freshener the correct way up - not realising that it was that way up because it leaked the other way. It went everywhere!

So were Lexus Reading really that nice?

Not very technical nor really recommended but i had an err 3 just the other day and found that gentle shock treatment applied to the right hand side of the centre console in line with the CD entrance seemed to do the trick..

:withstupid:

Did you mean you gave it a thump Spike?? :lol::lol:

Was your car still in some sort of warranty if they ordered up a new stereo for you 'just like that'?

Mine suffered the same problem (IN warranty) so I took it to Lexus Coventry and almost had the 3rd degree - showing proof of last service etc etc and initially was told that if it was not considered a warranty problem 'the last one cost about £360.00'!

It was also suggested that trying to play PC burnt CD's probably causes it.

It seems to be a common problem with the stereos. If your dealership were giving you so much stick, perhaps they hoped you'd think it was your fault with the CD-R's and leave them alone?

Have you written a review on your dealer? May be worth posting one or seeing if anyone's had similar experiences.