1. 1. Global question...for the workers

• 1: Chin up all is well attitude
    • 2: No staff how can we expect to achieve
    • 3: Go for Gold and spill the beans
    • 4: Demand recognition for my interests
    • 5: Explain that the Manager/ Area are ignorant/ stagnant
    • 6: Shut the ***** up and do what i am paid for
    • 7: Kick the cat

Well some reading this poll may have been in this situation but... not me! 'little help'

Next Tuesday the Director of Iticho for UK is coming to my centre from Japan. Kendo owns the biggest car care centre in the world... imagine having your tyres fitted while eating lunch in the restaurant and watching the kids play in the theme park....well that's Kendo's centre in Japan.

Welcome to the UK methinks

I have a catalogue of demands, but i will also have to answer for failures within the centre.

Whatever i have a chance to address Mr Big...... If you were me how would you deal with this?

Previous to your votes let me enlighten.

1: No pay increase for two years. (find a chin)

2: A Target based on ten staff, we have six. (at best)

3: Name and shame. Area Manager is the barrier.. 'talk i walk'......out!

4: My interests..... dunno. that will take time to talk about.

5: They don't own any 'brain matter' within the evolution of 'fast fit' Explanation to Kendo will be a wide eye opening topic like...... 'Tony' your web site has increased customers toward the geometry...... can you 'calm i down' because we need you to fit tyres or exhausts instead?....FKG say that again please!!!!!

6: Maybe I'm wrong?.... shut up and do as i am told.

7: If (4) loses, cats airborne.

Well that's it!!! you may read this as 'just another poll' for the sake of a poll, but it's not, the examples displayed are real, unbelievable as they are. Little old me is right in the middle of all this crap.......... 'BUT' Tuesday it's 'ME TIME'.... what do you poll..!

Kinda of a wierd question, but I think I finally translated....

In any business, the proof of the pudding are in the results. Slagging off co-worker, managers, "not enough staff" excuses just don't wash.

Take it on the chin and let your results speak for themselves!

tony the most important thing to you should be "you"

from what i can tell you owe them nothing but they owe you big time

too many times people keep quiet and grin and bear it because they they feel that they are at the big boss`s mercy, you need somehow to convince yourself that you are better than them, let them realise without you they wouldnt be half as good, then convince them of it, once that hurdle is covered they then become at your mercy

you have shown LOC how good you are and how much we need you, now its there turn :)

Tony, follow you're gut instinct. All of us on LOC realise how valuable you are, with you're wide knowledge on all things geometrical.

It's about time you're bosses knew and appreciate you as much as we on LOC do.

Kinda of a wierd question, but I think I finally translated....

In any business, the proof of the pudding are in the results. Slagging off co-worker, managers, "not enough staff" excuses just don't wash.

Take it on the chin and let your results speak for themselves!

Translate nothing.... weired.... no, target related/ calculated for ten, we have five.

One area that i do not and cannot control is the staffing level. There is an immediate conflict between the level of staff and the area manager... This is relative to production.

Frustrate this?

Tell me of another company that sets a monthly target based on a calculated staff content..... that doe's not lower the target if the staff content is below plan!!!!! Mostl would assume 50% less staff then 50% less turn over? OH no.. 50% less staff means 100% failure for the mouths targets for those who participate.

tony the most important thing to you should be "you"

from what i can tell you owe them nothing but they owe you big time

too many times people keep quiet and grin and bear it because they they feel that they are at the big boss`s mercy, you need somehow to convince yourself that you are better than them, let them realise without you they wouldnt be half as good, then convince them of it, once that hurdle is covered they then become at your mercy

you have shown LOC how good you are and how much we need you, now its there turn  :)

This meeting is absolute in chance... your image reflects respect and a years work within WIM, i value opinions here, since sadly my field is not open to argument.

Tell me of another company that sets a monthly target based on a calculated staff content..... that doe's not lower the target if the staff content is below plan!!!!! Mostl would assume 50% less staff then 50% less turn over? OH no.. 50% less staff means 100% failure for the mouths targets for those who participate.

pretty much every company wants higher targets met with less staff than it has... tis the corporate way im afraid..

Hmm we've had one bonus in five years. The scheme changes and never seems fair. This year we get 50% of our bonus for personal targets met independent of company profits, guaranteed to be paid each quarter. Yay! Except they claim cash flow problems so we've not seen any. So you're not alone on the bonus scheme front.

Anyway I voted for taking it out on the poor cat. If the boss knows his stuff then he'll be able to work out what's going wrong and sort it out. If he's not then telling him won't help. Better to out shine the those around you quietly than be the bloke thats remembered for complaining lots. Just my opinion but that's probably how I'd play it. Of course if he asks you a direct question like what you think is wrong with company then you should probably give a full and honest answer.

So what do you get out of this deal Tony and what are your options?

I suspect that no matter how clever and popular you are, Mr Boss will only look at what you can do for the profitability of the company. For example he won't be impressed by seeing 1000 Lexus owners if you are not making a sufficient profit on the work done.

It's a fine line between being as accomodating as possible to like minded people and actually making a profit sufficient to sustain a business.

Good luck in your fortunes Tony, I am sure you will make the right decision :)

So what do you get out of this deal Tony and what are your options?

I suspect that no matter how clever and popular you are, Mr Boss will only look at what you can do for the profitability of the company. For example he won't be impressed by seeing 1000 Lexus owners if you are not making a sufficient profit on the work done.

It's a fine line between being as accomodating as possible to like minded people and actually making a profit sufficient to sustain a business.

Good luck in your fortunes Tony, I am sure you will make the right decision  :)

Thanks.

The Retail Director is a money man indeed, in the summer we had a talk about the geometry and my site, i concluded with tell me 'any other business' that stocks nothing sells nothing makes nothing and is near to 100% profit? He asked me were to develop this and i said 'Go public' tell people what we do, next thing i knew we had the PR day at STS.

I spend between 15 and 20 hours working at home in WIM, with an average £1000 a week going into STS. After being asked to 'turn the tap down' i now decline on average £300/ £500 a week in other geometry related work, also i have declined offers from other forums to be there resident expert because i 'don't want the work' how poor is that!

This is the best bit?.....From all the hours at home.....From all the new customers..and from the £ssss per week i earn £0, once i even went in on a Sunday because that's the only day the customer could make, done the car, bill £700......... and i didnt even get payed for going in by the company! £40 :duh:

Thanks.

The Retail Director is a money man indeed, in the summer we had a talk about the geometry and my site, i concluded with tell me 'any other business' that stocks nothing sells nothing makes nothing and is near to 100% profit? He asked me were to develop this and i said 'Go public' tell people what we do, next thing i knew we had the PR day at STS.

I spend between 15 and 20 hours working at home in WIM, with an average £1000 a week going into STS. After being asked to 'turn the tap down' i now decline on average £300/ £500 a week in other geometry related work, also i have declined offers from other forums to be there resident expert because i 'don't want the work' how poor is that!

This is the best bit?.....From all the hours at home.....From all the new customers..and from the £ssss per week i earn £0, once i even went in on a Sunday because that's the only day the customer could make, done the car, bill £700......... and i didnt even get payed for going in by the company! £40  :duh:

Thats exactlly what id tell him............

Thanks.

This is the best bit?.....From all the hours at home.....From all the new customers..and from the £ssss per week i earn £0, once i even went in on a Sunday because that's the only day the customer could make, done the car, bill £700......... and i didnt even get payed for going in by the company! £40  :duh:

Thats exactlly what id tell him............

Wise words indeed

I have so much anger and such a lot to say i bet on the day i go wrogjmwernjvfgnibifgj....Then dribble... and make myself to a right ****!

Tell Mr Big your thoughts about how things have been going over the last few months ;)

Profit is not everything,id rather have people think what a good honest bloke and does a good caring job.Rather than how much money ive made from you.

Id spill the beans :)

its tuesday :ohmy:

how did it go tony ??

I'm not sure.. :excl: wasn't what i expected at all. They all turned up had a walk around the building then disappeared in the office with the manager and area manager. An hour later 'Kendo' the main man ( young good looking chap.... bit like me :P ) walked through the workshop speaking to staff asking questions, i was working on a geometry at the time.... then my turn, a (hand shake) 'sorry' about the oil Kendo i said :D and he said..........? nuck foes, i could barely make out any thing, Twice when he finished talking i just smiled :D thinking it was some form of witticism, twice i realized it was a question and had to say 'sorry what was that?' :blush: Top marks to him since he can speak some English, were as my Japanese is a little 'rusty', but my thoughts of quiet office, grafts, predictions and so on was way......way wrong.

The good news is that he does want Watford centre to become a 'Super Centre' and the building will be demolished and re-built in this new state of the art example.

As for the poll.....

I have checked on my PC and the computer says........ 7

Watch this space ( )

'No' not that one!

This one ( ) :duh: