Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirror Indicator Covers

I have been checking out the Prolex site, and see that they still have the Mirror Indicator Covers on there, SEE HERE when they were 1st listed we were going to get some reviews but nothing yet.

Has anybody fitted them, or seen them in the flesh - if so what are they like? worth it?

I am taking it that they simply stick over your originals?

Cheers guys

i've got some... i will be installing soon... just had them sprayed up professionally last week.

Do they simply "stick" over the existing with doublr sided sticky tape! or are they a direct replacement.

They are a replacement for the original cover, I remember they look quite good from the pics that were put up

Not too sure about having both the original and the one on the mirror tho, or are you planning on blanking out the one on the wing?

i've got some... i will be installing soon... just had them sprayed up professionally last week.

Do they simply "stick" over the existing with doublr sided sticky tape! or are they a direct replacement.

From what I remember looking at Niraj's at Watford, you need to take off the originals, they seem a little small to stick over the top and the double sided tape is a bit too thick for sticking over the top. Also it'll have to be wired up to the indicator so you remove the original or else you will have to drill a hole through it, which wouldn't make much sense.

Yeah i'm sure the original ones are removed and replaced with these. I think someone said it was a very easy job to do and also the wiring

Yeah but any electrician is bound to say wiring is easy........... :D

MY VERDICT:-

To be honest its a complete waste of money and time. They stick over the original mirror shell. the supplied doubled sided tape wouldnt even hold them in place for 2 minutes let alone for good.

To fit em they need to be bonded on to be secure. Secondly the wiring is a real pain. If you do it professionally so that you cant see the wire - it will take very long.

Not really worth the hassle and like some1 said - its too much of a merc thing! Instad get some ganadors or similar?

• 2 years later...

Old post i know but wondering if anyone knows where i can still get a set of these?

Searched the usual places eBay etc but no joy. Or if anyone has a set laying around they don't want?

Thanks!

OB

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links