Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Radios

misty

Don't buy them! I had the radio replaced last year under warranty. I complained that the replacement started to say Err3 and Err1 on occasion. They then said bring it back when you have time and we will fix it. Unfortunately, I had no time until today. When I contacted them today, They say the unit, even though it was replaced, only has the original warranty, or twelve months from the date of replacement. Therefore, I paid thousands for a car and what was the result. Crap cd on and off for the years I have owned the car! Is anyone else having this problem at present?

I told Lexus Southend I would sit outside their dealership with a placard and they threatened legal action! How have people protested before?

The stupid thing was that I was going to go in to look at upgrading to the 4x4 so I thought I would ring and have the radio looked at at the same time. Def. not now. I think BMW is on the scene!

Yeah but if you have to pay a few hundred quid for a replacement stereo every year or so because of the same inherent flaw in the design then it doesn't seem like it makes for good customer relations even if they're within their rights to refuse a free repair/replacement.

I've used an MP3 player with tape adapter mostly since mine was replaced but I do wonder how long the replacement would have lasted if I was using it as much as before.

Contact Lexus GB, if you reported it within warranty, despite being within their rights, I think they should honour it

Hi, back again and not so angry, just very disappointed. I must agree that Lexus GB is silly. I spoke to two people there, the customer service person and a manager (no names to be reasonable) and both stated Lexus GB has taken a policy decision not to honour the faults outside the original vehicle warranty, now extended to the five years for the radio. They both stated that the radio is very much a fault of the car (with the CSO stating she very much understood my reasonable request) and the manager stating what do I expect as they have honoured their warranty. I explained I notified them during the warranty period that the new radio was no good (err3 on occasion), but he said tough really (sic). The person I spoke to at the dealership simply told me that he expected to lose some customers anyway.

Very stupid. The way I figure it (as a teacher of business, PR, law, Economics etc.), even if it costs them 1000 per unit to replace their faulty ones, as the fault is reported by an original owner (not if the vehicle has changed hands I except) then this would be nothing to the trade they will loose when people who fit their market profile tell others who fit their market customer profile. I did a quick calculation and told them I was sure this would cost in excess of 100k in turnover per year for each customer telling others within their customer market profile. I know the majority of my friends drive lex, bmw, merc or similar. This is their market. If, lets say, they turn their cars over every three years, there is a market there of approx. 5 cars a year in turnover. That is easily in excess of 100k. Two friends bought Lex as I convinced them how good lex was already, and many more have asked me about the car (obviously considering). Several have considered it. If I persuade them not to, that means that possible market is closed. What would happen if I also had a sign on my car, simply stating, 'don't do it!' The cost then increases. I was immediately threatened of legal action when I said I was considering this in my local market (even though the courts have held it is totally legal). I was very annoyed at them, and I had been a loyal customer.

All it takes is replace faulty radios for original owners who purchased cars from Lex UK. and still own the original car. This shows the total loyalty of Lex UK to their customers. Eventually those owners sell their cars (as I was going to do this year) or upgrade (as I was going to do last year but decided to wait until I could afford the 4x4, which I test drove last year) and the model is replaced, thus the costs disappear. This would do more to sell their cars than any advertising campaign as what are purchasers afraid of, faults! I loved my Lex but this has soured it at present.

So, for the reply stating what did I expect, the answer is simple, for 20k or more per hit every three to five years (on average I have purchased a car every 2.5 years from 15 years, with the last decade paying such prices), I expect a known fault to be fixed, and if the new unit has a fault, for this to be fixed. Not fixed within twelve months, but fixed!

So, finally, what is the impression of this of those just brousing thinking of looking for a Lexus? How bad was the fault anyway? Are there so many that the costs would cripple one of the worlds largest car manufacturers?

Maybe you need a pyramid letter / email sent out telling people not to buy the car and why, I think within a month everybody in the country will know, but will Lexus care ? Another ploy is a cheap ad on eBay that allows you to let off steam - with a high reserve so if it does sell you are happy anyway :)

If you think my complaint is just about complaining Kazdul, then I have some little items I would love to sell you. They do, of course, have a fault that is well known. I will replace the item, but that means the replacement will probably have the fault. It might not show right away, but don't worry it will eventually be there. As you don't complain about such things I obviously will not hear from you again! So, please buy!

If you think my complaint is just about complaining Kazdul, then I have some little items I would love to sell you. They do, of course, have a fault that is well known. I will replace the item, but that means the replacement will probably have the fault. It might not show right away, but don't worry it will eventually be there. As you don't complain about such things I obviously will not hear from you again! So, please buy!

Easy chef, I was only bantering! Im sure you're frustrated and others have had issues with the stereo. I hope you get it sorted buddy. Didn't mean to cause any offence.

Sorry friend. I was just very annoyed as I have been a good customer for the past four years. I was going to this year for Christmas or the New Year. I saw red when I was quoted the Trade Descriptions Act when I stated I could not understand why they would not fix the unit. Calming down now. A great shame because, despite some minor problems under warranty I enjoy my car.

They did fix issues under warranty. I have the usual lexus sunroof, and the satnav blew up and had the screen flicker, but they fixed it with a smile. The first radio was rubbish and they replaced it. I just think they should be liable for faulty goods. Not for twelve months but for the lifetime of the ownership of the item (if it has a known fault). We need US lemon laws.

Anyway they went nuts when I said I might park up with a sign, 'are you sure?' and sit there for a day on their best trade day. He threatened to sue me if I slandered Lex. Note the way I wanted the convo to go, but as a service mgr I suppose he would be held liable for the loss of sales on the day and embarrassment. He really saw read when I mentioned the human interest story for the local paper. Our local paper loves this sort of thing and this would almost kill sales at the dealership in this town. Being 330pm on a Friday after a long week I suppose we both saw red!

I will write to them on Monday. Tks for your help. It's been a good rant. Good to be back on the site after twelve months or more absence. Hi all you 250 or so who have read the fun story, especially those at Lex GB who I told about it! LOL

Sorry friend. I was just very annoyed as I have been a good customer for the past four years. I was going to this year for Christmas or the New Year. I saw red when I was quoted the Trade Descriptions Act when I stated I could not understand why they would not fix the unit. Calming down now. A great shame because, despite some minor problems under warranty I enjoy my car.

They did fix issues under warranty. I have the usual lexus sunroof, and the satnav blew up and had the screen flicker, but they fixed it with a smile. The first radio was rubbish and they replaced it. I just think they should be liable for faulty goods. Not for twelve months but for the lifetime of the ownership of the item (if it has a known fault). We need US lemon laws.

Anyway they went nuts when I said I might park up with a sign, 'are you sure?' and sit there for a day on their best trade day. He threatened to sue me if I slandered Lex. Note the way I wanted the convo to go, but as a service mgr I suppose he would be held liable for the loss of sales on the day and embarrassment. He really saw read when I mentioned the human interest story for the local paper. Our local paper loves this sort of thing and this would almost kill sales at the dealership in this town. Being 330pm on a Friday after a long week I suppose we both saw red!

I will write to them on Monday. Tks for your help. It's been a good rant. Good to be back on the site after twelve months or more absence. Hi all you 250 or so who have read the fun story, especially those at Lex GB who I told about it! LOL

Im sure buddy, but im sure you dont want another footballers wife 4x4 on the road?! :lol:

BMW are more common than chewing gum on the side walk!!

So after 12 months, where have you been? You've missed meets and all sorts of great offers!! :D

Had been back to Australia for a while. Have been busy at work and met a new man (well, for a while! LOL) Missed you guys. Have driven to a girlfriend's place in Scotland several times. She lives in the highlands. Good :driving: Have been enjoying myself.

Shame I had to return with a grumble. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Tks for the welcome back. I shouldn't have been so rude and missed you guys. I remember a few years back when they took my tonsils out in Southend Hospital and all you gents wished me the best, and chatted me through the painful recovery.

I had my stereo replaced just 8 days before the 5 year warranty ran out. They told me the warranty on the new stereo was 8 days, and after then it would cost £600 for it to be swapped!