Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Respray

Kremmen

Due to the M25 roadworks I have picked up quite a few stone chips.

Whilst they had the car in for service this week I asked them to have a look at and quote on repairing the damage.

They reckon that I will need the bonnet & bumper respraying plus the front wings 'flashing'.

Ballpark figure £700 (no doubt minus VAT).

Reasonable for a pucker Lexus job ?

My current thoughts are to leave it alone as you only notice the chips when quite close up as I am using Lexus touch-up, chipstick and Colour Magic to keep on top of it.

Whilst they had the car in for service this week I asked them to have a look at and quote on repairing the damage.

They reckon that I will need the bonnet & bumper respraying plus the front wings 'flashing'.

My current thoughts are to leave it alone as you only notice the chips when quite close up as I am using Lexus touch-up, chipstick and Colour Magic to keep on top of it.

from personal experience, i had a bonnet and bumper re-spray (which they blended into the wings) and it cost me around the £350 mark. that was from a professional reccommended bodyshop. they did an awesome job too!! so i reckon £700 is a little on the pricey side. :D

That is the same cost I am looking at for a NEW bonnet!!! :crying:

Leave it until you are selling and only then get it done if you intend to sell it privately. If you are trading it in you will only lose the trade cost of respraying. If you really want to do it then most professional body shops would do an excellent job for about half of what you have been quoted.

That is the same cost I am looking at for a NEW bonnet!!! :crying:

New bonnets are only £200 form Lexus :o plus about £100-£200 for painting :D i think lexus jim got it all done for £300 all in

Hmmm interesting, both wings need touching in (one side needs a bit more than just touching in tbh, it needs a bit of bashing on teh top corner)

I'll keep an eye out when I get the written quote through the door.

Thanks for the heads up Gord :)