Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Long To Replace Yours ?

andrewr

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has manage to top this yet. 9 weeks old, and I have just had an agreement from Lexus to replace all my Alloy wheels. You know this brake dust problem where it eats into the lacquer, well it started happening on my car after 3k miles. Not good.

I only took it in to have my mats cleaned, ah, sorry, I mean a couple of issues looked at.

So far in 9 weeks, 3.7k miles:

1. Windscreen has to be removed and be resealed to eliminate creaking/cracking noise, they will also put padding round and check dashboard mountings

2. Windscreen wiper blade replaced

3. Boot lid now closeable without sitting on it

4. Brake disks skimmed due to vibration

5. Rebalance of wheels due to vibration

6. Replacement set of alloys

7. Paint job warranty call on stone chips, the front end of my car looks shotblasted. Still waiting on this

So far the picture isn't looking too rosy with my 2nd IS. Ah well, at least my car comes back clean (note 2nd mention of clean mats) and the service is second to none. Good job really........ :)

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting another set of alloys on mines fitted second set last ones were replaced in Jan '02 so thats a year out of those. These ones r meant to be lacquered up properly this time so fingers crossed. BTW mines is a IS200 Sport only done 12,000 miles

ianw1974, I'd stay away from the Autoglym Clean Wheels :o (if that's what you use) as it contains acid which will strip the clear lacquer from your alloys over time, exposing the aluminium to the elements.

I'd recommend a mild solution of good quality car wash, a sponge and a bit of elbow grease instead :)