Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Counting The Days....

Eunos800

Have just ordered the SE-L version with the MM pack :D ( already blew the planned 28k budget which was gonna be on a beemer 2.0d ) after driving the new 250 on saturday, wifey and I were blown away.....

finally decided on black wth grey interior - hard to choose as I think all the exteriors look nice - should we have gone for the white?? Doh !!

Anyway cant wait for Mar1...in the meantime please dive in and tell me how right I was to ditch my beloved BMW marque in favour of this lexus ??

(Chester Lexus ) couldnt get a bloomin penny off the retail, but got more than current car value for my 11 year old Eunos (Xedos9) so I will have to be happy I suppose. Is it true that that these Lexus dealers just dont discount???

Also, should I bother joining your goldclub? Cant see me using any of the stated benefits other than

1) Insurance

2) servicing discounts...but do Chester participate in this anyway?? TYIA

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lexus! :D

Yes you were definitely right to ditch BMW, and you won't look back.

Don't want to ruin your day but I think some ppl have had discounts, but not sure how much ;)

Its a good idea to join gold, support the club, and save yourself a few quid while your at it! Most dealers do participate, hopefully someone will be along to tell you whether Chester do it, but I saved far more than the joining fee in one visit to the dealer! :D

Enjoy your new car when it arrives! (not sure I'd be able to take the wait :sick: )

I too have an SE-L on order, it lands here on the 16th December. Hopefully I will have it before Christmas but time is getting on so I won't hold my breath.

I definitely recommend joining Gold as you can get savings on servicing etc.

welcome to loc mate and congrats on your purchase! you defo went for the best colour!!!

the cost of going gold will be recouped on your first service so a no brainer for me :duh:

welcome to loc mate and congrats on your purchase! you defo went for the best colour!!!

the cost of going gold will be recouped on your first service so a no brainer for me :duh:

but I understand that only certain dealers participate??

Also - are there any real gains with the Insurance situ

THnx to all for comments so far - I have waited 50 years ( and worked bloody hard ) to be able to do that thing I always said I would never do....buy a brand new car :-)

This pretty much takes care of the pension lump sum, after the ex wife has her bloomin share...OOPs sorry started a rant there....

Lexus Chester do participate in discount on servicing - off the top of my head it's 15% on parts (labour is not discounted).

Ask Jane on the servicedesk.

BTW, Lexus Liverpool & Stockport do offer discount as well.

However.......As you are considerably richer than us mear IS200 owners then you'll probably get inflated service costs anyway! :winky:

Seriously though, you will get it but you have to show your card.

On the other note of discount, yes Chester are difficuly to haggle prices (that's why I ended up buying my IS200 in 2002 from Aberdeen for £2k less)

Where in North Wales are you anyway! You'll be the 1st IS250 I see on the road probably!

Have just ordered the SE-L version with the MM pack :D  ( already blew the planned 28k budget which was gonna be on a beemer 2.0d ) after driving the new 250 on saturday, wifey and I were blown away.....

finally decided on black wth grey interior - hard to choose as I think all the exteriors look nice - should we have gone for the white?? Doh !!

Anyway cant wait for Mar1...in the meantime please dive in and tell me how right I was to ditch my beloved BMW marque in favour of this lexus ??

(Chester Lexus ) couldnt get a bloomin penny off the retail, but got more than current car value for my 11 year old Eunos (Xedos9) so I will have to be happy I suppose. Is it true that that these Lexus dealers just dont discount???

Also, should I bother joining your goldclub? Cant see me using any of the stated benefits other than

1) Insurance

I drove the 320d too, found it uninspiring and dead...ride was too firm too...and the gear change...longest throw in the world...I swear my arm was in france by the time I engaged first gear...

I have an Aud A4 and swear by them, but the dealers are naff. So my IS220d arives in March...best move I made...hopefully!

I managed to wangle £996 off list by quoting www.drivethedeal.co.uk...check it out yourself!

But the PEX on my Audi was a bit rough (win some lose some)...anyone want a Silver 2002/52 A4 1.9TDI 130bhp, 46k, one owner (me :D ), FASH, Sony Satnav/6 CD for £10k? Just been serviced (Oct, long T&T) :blink:

Have just ordered the SE-L version with the MM pack :D  ( already blew the planned 28k budget which was gonna be on a beemer 2.0d ) after driving the new 250 on saturday, wifey and I were blown away.....

1) Insurance

I drove the 320d too, found it uninspiring and dead...ride was too firm too...and the gear change...longest throw in the world...I swear my arm was in france by the time I engaged first gear...

I have an Aud A4 and swear by them, but the dealers are naff. So my IS220d arives in March...best move I made...hopefully!

I managed to wangle £996 off list by quoting www.drivethedeal.co.uk...check it out yourself!

But the PEX on my Audi was a bit rough (win some lose some)...anyone want a Silver 2002/52 A4 1.9TDI 130bhp, 46k, one owner (me :D ), FASH, Sony Satnav/6 CD for £10k? Just been serviced (Oct, long T&T) :blink:

Fancied the diesel too, but wifey insists on staying with an auto box - Lexus say no can do (will not do) on the Oiler.

Checked out the website you mentioned....and will be phoning Lexus Chester 9AM tomorrow - (they are due to place my order tomorrow) - "drive the deal" are stating the same spec car for £1376 LESS :excl::angry: Will let you know how I get on :D

TY for the tip....

Lexus Chester do participate in discount on servicing - off the top of my head it's 15% on parts (labour is not discounted).

Ask Jane on the servicedesk.

BTW, Lexus Liverpool & Stockport do offer discount as well.

However.......As you are considerably richer than us mear IS200 owners then you'll probably get inflated service costs anyway!  :winky:

Seriously though, you will get it but you have to show your card.

On the other note of discount, yes Chester are difficuly to haggle prices (that's why I ended up buying my IS200 in 2002 from Aberdeen for £2k less)

Where in North Wales are you anyway! You'll be the 1st IS250 I see on the road probably!

I am in Colwyn Heights ( upper Colwyn bay to you poor people ) LOL

PS see my response to a later posting about prices below....will be on the dog and bone first thing tomorrow. :question: