Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattling Sound - New Is 250 Sel

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for March...hopefully no rattles... else "Jamboo" :innocent: will become "Hot Chilly" :arrrggg-matey: :devil:

I think by that time you will be so tuned into listening for rattles that no car manufacturer would be able to supply one to your satisfaction. Relax, all will be fine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question Please:

Can I ask everyone who's had a rattle on their new IS and had it fixed say "aye" and post back on here what the cause and resolution was...?

As always (industry wide problem) collectively the punters know more about these things then anyone one dealer ever will...

Hopefully Lexus will have taken notice already and are fixing these things in the factory...or now will be the opportunity (assuming they haven't fallen asleep on this thread)... -_- zzzZZZZ

I understand the dash rattle is confined to R/H models with MM & can be fixed in c.30mins by Dealers:apparently it is caused by the wiring to the front mounted speaker chattering on the base of said speaker.

Tel :driving:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over the last few days I have noticed a slight rattle coming from the behind the dash, in particular the sat/nav area. The rattle has progressively got worse, with my trip on the motorway today producing a continuous rattle and some vibration which is a right annoyance, especially in such a quiet and expensive car. I have only clocked up 875miles. :angry:

I shall be taking it in to Lexus to have it fixed tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced severe rattles or vibrations from their IS250?

I will let you know the outcome after my visit to the dealership.

Yes that sounds like the very same rattle I had. Lexus Dealer removed the radio/SatNav and inserted some foam rubber behind the unit to silence the wiring loom. That has fixed the rattle, but in the process of pulling the dash apart the mechanics have damaged the Metal effect trims on both sides of the gearbox and the black plastic side panels on both footwells. They have ordered the parts and the car will be going back in soon.

So, good luck !!

AYE!! My rattle was fixed when it went back to the Lexus dealer, they said that the wiring loom part of the Multimedia kit was loose.

They damaged the centre console in the process though and 3 months on I am still being told they are waiting spares from Japan !!!! :tsktsk:

Not a happy Lexus driving bunny !! Just been on phone to Lexus Customer Relations and they are chasing, but non of this gets over the problem I am driving damaged goods caused by the dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links