Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yeehah

Took the new motor to a bit of private carpark tonight to see how it handled. Well it only just goes on and off the drive so I guess I really need to raise the suspension but I think I can afford an inch or 2. The pickup and drive of a manual 6 speed is sooooo different to the auto. I know that the aristo is 200kg heavier and at least 70 if not 90 BHP down on my supe but in and around town it feels so much quicker and more controllable. On the power it power slides from a standstill in an incredibly controllable manner. As for donuts FFS it whips straight into them again from a standstill. You can swap it from donutting one way round to the other way round by dropping the clutch in and quickly flipping the steering wheel round. Its just awesome. OK OK I know that this kind of behaviour is frowned upon and in fact in public I myself frown upon it but it does display a cars handling abilities and this cars past drifting setup is so evident. I think I am going to have a great time track daying this motor. I may even have to show some of my old supra buddies a thing or two whilst I am at it next year :)

an OK OK I know its a bit cowboyish and boisterish for this forum but YYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH the rodeo lexus has arrived :)

Thom sounds like , someone who could enjoy drifting

Well it has been set up as a drift motor so it would be rude not to. Adjustable 2 way LSD, manual six speed box with triple plate clutch (I think). Did have a crap bride bucket seat in it as well to stop you falling out your seat. I have a feeling that drifting a bit might be enjoyable if I can afford 2 sets of wheels with tyres on.

Thom sounds like , someone who could enjoy drifting

Well it has been set up as a drift motor so it would be rude not to. Adjustable 2 way LSD, manual six speed box with triple plate clutch (I think). Did have a crap bride bucket seat in it as well to stop you falling out your seat. I have a feeling that drifting a bit might be enjoyable if I can afford 2 sets of wheels with tyres on.

and where is the crap bride seat now.....

as your only down the road from me, maybe we should have a chat sometime about this drifting melarky..........some say i do it..... :huh: