Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Looks Like A 10" Sub

dangerous brain

I have what looks like a 10" sub in the boot that is fitted in and around the pollen filter on what is effectively the rear parcel shelf. Is that a stock item? There is no amplifier to be seen anywhere though. Also all my stereo speaker wires seem to terminate in the boot is that right?

Mk.1 car? Look down at the right-hand-side of the boot. If you've got a 12-disc autochanger there, the amp should be underneath it. This is the case for the Mk.1 GS anyway.

I think that the stock amp has been replaced with an aftermarket one and then that removed. There is an aftermarket amp power wire in the boot but when I followed it forwards the knob had just cut it off at the engine bulkhead rather than just insulate the terminal in the boot :(

If the stock door speaker wires are in the boot will that mean that I have to run a pre-out to an aftermarket amp in the boot and run all the speakers from there and not direct from the head unit? Also there is a large speaker type grille on the dashboard top is that a speaker as well?

On mine, the speakers for the doors ran from the amp in the boot, the sub ran on a seperate circuit from the amp. In the end I removed all the wiring for the stereo and replaced. There is a speaker in the centre of the dash, I rewired into the hands free phone speaker.