Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Possible For The Stero To Read Cd-rw ?

NetOne

in mp3 formmat - no

in normal audio yes

Are sure that your original IS200 CD Player can play ReWritable disc ? What speed and brand of the CD-RW disc that you've tried ? When was your IS200 built, mine was built 06/2005.

Pretty much certain mine played CD-RW, I say "played" as since I bought my Aux adapter bought from ProLex ive not used the CD player!  :P

Sorry kazdul, don't quite get what you mean :blush: Are you saying that your original IS200 CD Player plays CD-RW but you had not tried it or you had not tried it after you bought Aux adapter from ProLex, or it only plays CD-RW disc after you bought Aux adapter from ProLex ?

What's Aux adapter, what is it for or how does it look like ?

The Aux adapter ........ is a module that allows the standard IS head unit to accept Incoming audio from a 3.5mm jack socket.

I.E, Ipod, etc.

The standard IS headunit does NOT play CD-RW !!! :yawn:

The IS headunit can't read CD-RW ........... hardly ANY cd players do ...........

It plays CD-R's .............. why would you use CD-RW anyway? CD-R's are far cheaper......

Most CD player made from 2001 up will play CD-RW disc. I have heaps of Mp3/Wma that I used to burned to CD-RW. With my previous car, I usually prepared the music that I would like to listen tomorrow the night before, and played it on the way to & from work.

Even though it costs only around 20 cent per CDR, how many CDR do you think I need per year and what am I going do with it afterward ? throwing in the bin is a bit of waste isn't it ? :D And it's not legal to give it to anyone.

I had thought of using mp3 player with this IS200 but the only connection is via cassette adapter or FM transmittor which has lower the quality by more than 30%, the kind of quality that I can not appreciated or enjoyed.

Most CD player made from 2001 up will play CD-RW disc. I have heaps of Mp3/Wma that I used to burned to CD-RW. With my previous car, I usually prepared the music that I would like to listen tomorrow the night before, and played it on the way to & from work.

OK, but what I'm saying is the IS headunit does not play them, neither to most cd players these days.

I had thought of using mp3 player with this IS200 but the only connection is via cassette adapter or FM transmittor which has lower the quality by more than 30%, the kind of quality that I can not appreciated or enjoyed.

Then get the AUX in adapter.

It does not work like the Cassette option, so you don't lose 30% quality.... you don't lose anything at all .... I have it in mine, and it's great!

The IS headunit can't read CD-RW ........... hardly ANY cd players do ...........

It plays CD-R's .............. why would you use CD-RW anyway? CD-R's are far cheaper......

You'd use CD-RW so that after, say, 10 erase-rewrite uses they work out cheaper.

Provided, that is, that by this time you haven't scratched them to the point they're unrecordable! :lol:

I actually have a use for CD-RWs. When recording my sister's band I use the special Audio versions of them (cost me £5 each) in my Pioneer CD recorder, then use the PC to burn them to the usual 10p CDRs. I don't use them for anything else, as bugger all will read them apart from the Xbox!

Then get the AUX in adapter.

It does not work like the Cassette option, so you don't lose 30% quality.... you don't lose anything at all .... I have it in mine, and it's great!

Thanks ScarFace, so how does it look like ? How can it be connected to the unit ? Is there any information for it please ?

Pretty much certain mine played CD-RW, I say "played" as since I bought my Aux adapter bought from ProLex ive not used the CD player!  :P

Sorry kazdul, don't quite get what you mean :blush: Are you saying that your original IS200 CD Player plays CD-RW but you had not tried it or you had not tried it after you bought Aux adapter from ProLex, or it only plays CD-RW disc after you bought Aux adapter from ProLex ?

Sorry bud, Although the majority of my discs are CD-R, I do have a certain disc which is CD-Rw and listened to on a regular basis. I'll try when I return home to see is this works but Im pretty certain it id, but I could be wrong :blush:

The Aux adapter is a little gizmo from ProLex which allows you to play any stereo source. I.e iPod, MiniDisc, Portable DVD player etc etc. Hence why I never use the actual CD player itself other than runninig my iPod through it. :D

Hope this clarifies dude.