Robin H

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info Mat

if you fitted new cam shafts and pulleys would you be able to run on the standard ecu would it just be the case of resetting it or would you need a new/piggy back ecu

if you run with the pulleys, you would need to diusable the vvti, so you wouldnt be able to use the ecu

however the cams can also be used without, the cam pulleys, and still keep the vvti

if you run with the pulleys, you would need to diusable the vvti, so you wouldnt be able to use the ecu

why is this?

anyone got a link to explain or a brief description would be a great help as this is all becoming new to me

what benefit do the pulleys have when fitted?

so with TB's you couldn't run a vvti set up, is this the same with turbo and supercharger set ups?

would it pay to fit a new ecu at the start if the build and then tweak it when new parts are fitted,

the only reason I ask this is because of the time scale of the build

or would you notice the changes throw the standard ecu?

thanks for bearing with me

why is this?

anyone got a link to explain or a brief description would be a great help as this is all becoming new to me

what benefit do the pulleys have when fitted?

so with TB's you couldn't run a vvti set up, is this the same with turbo and supercharger set ups?

would it pay to fit a new ecu at the start if the build and then tweak it when new parts are fitted,

the only reason I ask this is because of the time scale of the build

or would you notice the changes throw the standard ecu?

thanks for bearing with me

In an nutshell with vernier pulleys you can manually adjust your timing to open and close the inlet and exhaust valves earlier or later to optimise the cycle at different ranges obviously vvti changes the valve timings to keep as good as they can through the range but non vvti you have to pick the best settings for the way you want to drive the car with verniers you can select the best timing on the valves for the way you want the power to flow

Ideally you want the inlet valve to close as soon as the piston reaches the bottom of its stroke and the exhaust to close at the top of the stroke and both to be closed on ignition etc

http://www.keveney.com/otto.html

see that as i am confusing myself writing this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links