Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Throttle Bodys

Robin H

nice work there Robin!

Looks like you have a decent plan there from Mat and I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to spend your 1k every 3 months

off topic but Mat what trd parts can you get? any older bits and bobs?

pretty much anything...........but only from TRD Japan, and normally only the Race stuff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice work there Robin!

Looks like you have a decent plan there from Mat and I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to spend your 1k every 3 months

pretty much anything...........but only from TRD Japan, and normally only the Race stuff

That's very nice to know car wise not pocket wise ;) So we looking at trd bits or the older tosco or technocraft stuff? Looking at possible bits for my 4k

on another side note any good at welding? :ohmy: or shall i get a welder for xmas? :ph34r:

nice work there Robin!

That's very nice to know car wise not pocket wise ;) So we looking at trd bits or the older tosco or technocraft stuff? Looking at possible bits for my 4k

on another side note any good at welding? :ohmy: or shall i get a welder for xmas? :ph34r:

im brilliant at MIG welding...i can get TRD and technocraft stuff aslong as you have the technocraft part numbers

im brilliant at MIG welding

Serious?

my ke70 is looking well ***** :crybaby: the car needs some some new metal in the rear pockets... some on floor pan and boot.... and could really do with a new rear panel (panel behind and below the rear bumper) but the car is rare as rocking horse cack and can't really find a replacement to cut and shut - do you reckon we could replace with some sheet metal with holes cut out where needed for a decent bodge?

im brilliant at MIG welding

Serious?

my ke70 is looking well ***** :crybaby: the car needs some some new metal in the rear pockets... some on floor pan and boot.... and could really do with a new rear panel (panel behind and below the rear bumper) but the car is rare as rocking horse cack and can't really find a replacement to cut and shut - do you reckon we could replace with some sheet metal with holes cut out where needed for a decent bodge?

of course, ive built many an old car, mg's triumphs etc etc, an old MG midget practically need the bottom 12" replacing

anyway... :offtopic:

lets start a new one or take it to DW

ok I'll start a new topic in loc

I think throttle bodies sound the nuts and are probalby the more expensive bang per buck compared to turbo or supercharger.

I think it depends on how deep your pocket is......how long you want to keep it and how far you want to go.

after reading up on some of the comments on here I'd be inclined to go for turbo..... finsih off with all the bits youve done so far and get them on and save for an a'pexi turbo or similar in the mean time......

will be a difference between wheel and hub measurement readings

would be a truer figure if it was done before and after using the same tester

what was done ?

and mr scarfacethispostisuselesswithoutpics , where are the pics

The picture is on the thread mate ..................

We were not able to do a test before hand ............

The exhaust manifold section was cleaned out (inlet pipes made bigger)

Precats Removed

Balancing Pipe was added to manifold

Smile was added to face :D

Robin, I didn't gain 30BHP.

Are you comparing that gain from the rolling road dyno @ Janspeed? Then that's not an accurate figure.

My dyno @ TDi before mods, on the DYNO (rototest) was 172 RWBHP.

After those mods, I then got to 185 RWBHP.

so it was a 13BHP increase.

Back pressures ............ pah - no good asking me mate !

:huh:

Thanks Bazza

I didn't think scareface's car was dyno'ed before and after

thought I was going mad

ah, TRD japan, i can assure you you will not be able to email trd japan to order Those parts, give me a few days and i will have the prices for the cams for you as i have just emailed someone to get me prices..we should take the pricing issue into PM

in theory, theres nothing stopping you fitting a  turbo after you have done the throttle body conversion either..now that would be hardcore

:shifty: Idea for the future :lol:

maybe i should point out that a decent throttle body set up is around £3500 :o ...crazy i know, but thats the crazy japs for you

maybe i should point out that a decent throttle body set up is around £3500 :o ...crazy i know, but thats the crazy japs for you

Nah the crazy ones are the ones who pay that :lol:

considering turbo kit is around that sort of money u have to be a real n/a die hard tuner!

Nah the crazy ones are the ones who pay that :lol:

considering turbo kit is around that sort of money u have to be a real n/a die hard tuner!

I don't think that I would be in a position to pay out for a turbo all in one go

plus once you've bolted that on you've got clutch, brakes ect to think about before you can play safely

then once you had a turbo you would want more boost which means uprated internals, the hole deepens

I'm just floating about a few ideas for the future. which is why I've been asking for peoples input. turbos not on the books yet but power gains are, so if there's anything that I can do bit by bit, then I'll look into it. :D

I don't think that I would be in a position to pay out for a turbo all in one go

plus once you've bolted that on you've got clutch, brakes ect to think about before you can play safely

then once you had a turbo you would want more boost which means uprated internals, the hole deepens

I'm just floating about a few ideas for the future. which is why I've been asking for peoples input. turbos not on the books yet but power gains are, so if there's anything that I can do bit by bit, then I'll look into it. :D

Defo agree with you there. Thats one of the reasons i didn't go turbo :P

mmmmnnnnn..........these throttle bodies

what are they and what do they do ?  :huh:

they replace the whole inlet manifold and throttle body with 4 individual throttles and air tracts

TB's have a larger overall surface area which lets more air into the cylinders which can have more fuel so more power

also due to the size of the throttle bodies dont slow down the air as much as one big throttle body would, which trumpets would also come in handy on the throttle bodys to also smooth out the flow of air. Its also dependant on how is mapped to how much power you'll get, and what injectors would be used.

they replace the whole inlet manifold and throttle body with 4 individual throttles and air tracts

TB's have a larger overall surface area which lets more air into the cylinders which can have more fuel so more power

also due to the size of the throttle bodies dont slow down the air as much as one big throttle body would, which trumpets would also come in handy on the throttle bodys to also smooth out the flow of air. Its also dependant on how is mapped to how much power you'll get, and what injectors would be used.

thats using individual throttle bodies though which prevents each cylinder scavenging off the next its also a very N/A thing rather than turbo although i think the skyline uses them. i assume that the plenums seal against the throttle bodies inlets somehow but won't that mean using a retaining ring behind the trumpet.

Also obviously individual bodies are the best but what can be expected of just using a bigger throttle body as in a single one feeding the cylinders rather than an individual one for each cylinder

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links