Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wot A Laugh!

Deano 84

I was eventually stopped once ;) ............... he had to catch me first :o

How was I supposed to know he was an off duty detective driving home :lol:

You should have known cos they all feckin look like this, with their big feckin farmer hands and big rubber ears and head!!

p_short2.jpg

So...get a title seems to be the answer!! (Mine's only a sixties PhD....!) :zee:

You can get a PhD in "The Sixties"? :lol:

Well, having lived through them, I guess I'm a prime candidate! Even a Master's Degree?

I've met a few heroes, seen a few things... e.g. met Ravi Shankar, gone to school with Beatles (2of); Hendrix,Clapton, had tea with Yoko, chatted to Bestie, etc.But life's just what happens when you're in it. (And they were all just folks. Now I mix with you famous people! :zee: :whistling: :zee:

Hey Deano, im 21 from lincoln, was thinkin about gettin a lincoln meet set up sometime! i know there are a coupl of other member in sleaford i think! I got in trouble with the police the other night for do-nutting in b+q car park! i said i thought it was private property! but he said no as long as the gates are open then its a public road!

Jumping in a different car every night after a hard days slog I very rarely check the lights, we set all our demonstrators to auto so they just come on. So its not like I switch them on, and on a new housing estate with no street lamps it helps. Just the police with nothing better to do with their time. I'm not hurting anyone. Anyway its because of the cars, and the fact i'm 25, they always give me producers.

the fog lights dont come on with the auto headlights.

you have to turn them on yourself

.......... then there is a big FOG LIGHT on logo on the dash (for front fogs) .... so there is no excuse for it really ........... ;)

:blink: me wonders why so many people need the fog lights on for no apparent reason...... ask them why they have them on, reply 'they look good' or 'i can see better with them on' or 'i didn't know I had them on' even tho there is a light on the dash to say so...

TURN EM OFF!!!!!!

you don't need em on........!!!!

enough said, time for a stella :D

i've never really understood why some people feel the need to drive along with their fog lights on whenever they have their headlights on

I second that! I find it very annoying! I also fail to see how it looks good.... :blink:

Another pet hate, aside from indicating shy peeps is people who just put their side lights on when its getting darker, why not just put the main beam on......

Rant over :angry:

Edited by kazdul

i personaly have never been even slightyl dazled by lexus fog lights as they seem to be aimed at the floor, wher as bmw fog lights seem to be aimed upwards and blind....

Personaly i dont have any issue or problems with it but then at £30 a time its a great way of getting some beer money in...... :)

.......... then there is a big FOG LIGHT on logo on the dash (for front fogs) .... so there is no excuse for it really ...........  ;)

There's one for the rear ones as well.. just a different colour ;)

L.

have you noticed that people who insist on driving with fogs on when it's not foggy seem to be the same people who park on the wrong side of the road with headlights on facing oncoming traffic, hog middle lanes, tailgate, fail to signal, block side junctions when in queuing traffic, wait until the very last minute to decide to let following traffic realise they want to turn right at dual carriageway trafficlights, pull out in front of approaching traffic from junctions and proceed to accelerate at their own leisure, speed inappropriately.......i'll get me coat.

.......... then there is a big FOG LIGHT on logo on the dash (for front fogs) .... so there is no excuse for it really ...........  ;)

L.

Not on my IS there isn't ........... the button just illuminates! ;)

i personaly have never been even slightyl dazled by lexus fog lights as they seem to be aimed at the floor, wher as bmw fog lights seem to be aimed upwards and blind....

Personaly i dont have any issue or problems with it but then at £30 a time its a great way of getting some beer money in...... :)

Strictly speaking.. the front fog lights are supposed to produce a flat broad beam just above ground level. As such, they should never dazzle oncoming vehicles.

The primary purpose of the front ones is to illuminate the front/sides of the vehicle by the very low and wide angle beam. Since fog very rarely settles to completely to ground level (because the ground is usually slightly warmer than the air above it) the beam can protrude further than the main headlamp beams allowing a sort of illumination from "behind" the fog improving forward visibility. Aiming the front fog lights too high defeats the purpose anyway.

The problem is that a lot of "boy racers" with front fog lights re-aim them and try to use them as "driving lights". (not all of them, but a lot of them). I couldn't speak for BMW having only owned one in my life, and that was a clapped out 1978 3-series in which the engine blew up --- it didn't have front or even rear fog lights... (rear ones weren't mandatory at the time).

My only gripe with the RX400h (and I presume it's the case on the RX300 as well) is that the rear fog lights can only be turned on if the front fog lights are on first (it's the same rotary switch on the turn-indicator/headlight control stalk). There are many occasions that I can think of where I'd want to use the rear fog lights but not the front ones (especially at night in foggy conditions -- in the daytime the main beams produce enough forward light to warn other vehicles of your presence, and the front fog lights which are meant to improve your OWN forward visibility have no real effect in daylight). At least in my IS200 the front and rear fog lights are controlled from totally different switches.

My 0.02 Euros :)

Leland

.......... then there is a big FOG LIGHT on logo on the dash (for front fogs) .... so there is no excuse for it really ...........   ;)

L.

Not on my IS there isn't ........... the button just illuminates! ;)

You must have one of the relatively newer ones then ;) Mine is 2001 and has the amber rear indicator on the dashboard right next to the green front indicator. The switch for the rear lights also has an amber light on the switch itself.

Maybe it's just an Euro thing.. (my IS is European, rather than UK spec, so is LHD and has the Euro instrument panel -- with the exception of the speedometer itself which I had to have the UK one fitted for the SVA inspection.)

L.

The front ones don't bother me much (I'll use them myself from time to time together with the main beam, but if cars approach they all get switched off). It's tw@ts who use the rear ones when it's not foggy (or worse, when it's RAINING) that bug me. Some clown in a BMW had them on on the M4 the other week, was bright as a laser even from about a mile behind. Went up behind him and knocked full beam and fogs on, when he flashed his hazards I shut off the main beam and flashed my front fogs, he eventually got the message and switched his rear ones off. Fool.

There used to be public information films about use of fog lights, it's about time they had a re-run.

btw, the Mk.1 GS doesn't have a front fog dash light does it? Mine didn't.

.......... then there is a big FOG LIGHT on logo on the dash (for front fogs) .... so there is no excuse for it really ........... ;)

Woooaahh Jerry, I was only making a remark, not serious, and with the new IS250 the fogs come on auto with the auto headlamps if they have been left on before. As I said I am far too overworked to look at my dash whilst i'm driving! (JOKE, no backlash please!!) I've never been fined though, just warned, Only on 1 occasion, didn't mean to spark a riot. And the light is not that big, and like i said, i'm never paying attention to the dash when i'm driving, normally on the phone or reading the paper!!!! (joke again) :D :D