Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Multimedia Pack

saracen

I've heard that the new version of the Lexus Sat Nav in the SC430 allows postcode entry.  Is this true of the Sat Nav in the IS250?  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, the IS250 SatNav allows postcode entries and also telephone entry. So if a business is registered with the system, you can find it by it's postcode or telephone number. It is very smart and is a bit like predictive txt on a phone, it know the available next numbers and letters so only allows you to type those in next. all other keys are greyed out.

So if you are in a town and you only know some of the postcode, you can also search on the firts parts, and you can list such things and cinemas, restaurants, garages, hotels etc in that area. It's cool, and give you only one excuse to ever be late again..."I was programming my SatNav". :winky:

Bit problem with the SatNav is the saftey feature of not allowing you to change or enter anything whilst on the move. This renders your passenger (co-pilot) useless. So if you are on route and want to search nearest places to stop for a meal, you have to pull over ( a pain on motorways!!) and then search. Would be good to get the hack/crack codes to turn safety feature off. Then at least Lexus would be treating drivers as responsible adults able to control their own toys.

Can you not pull the hand brake up one click, works on some cars ;)

Nope, needs to be all the way up. Might have to get busy under the car one weekend and see where the switch is. It may be a bit more smarter than that though and be based on the fact the wheels are moving, plus handbrake.....

Can you not pull the hand brake up one click, works on some cars ;)

Nope, needs to be all the way up. Might have to get busy under the car one weekend and see where the switch is. It may be a bit more smarter than that though and be based on the fact the wheels are moving, plus handbrake.....

have an auto due in march...and this does not have a handbrake ( foot style thingy like the merc )

Wonder if any hacks that are likely to appear here will affect the warranty??

Would be a good mod though - will keep looking in forums for ideas to circumvent this "safety feature" :)

Just to let you know I tried to click up the handbrake (manual box) whilst moving and the SatNav features remained disabled, and to add insult to injury the dash illuminated with two different "!" & (!) symbols indicating handbrake on and a loud beeping. So even if it did enable SatNav buttons (which it doesn't) the noise would kill you before you hit a tree. :P

We IS250 owners with SatNav need a code crack for the system to get past the nanny state safety features. :ph34r::whistling:

Just to let you know I tried to click up the handbrake (manual box) whilst moving and the SatNav features remained disabled, and to add insult to injury the dash illuminated with two different "!" & (!) symbols indicating handbrake on and a loud beeping. So even if it did enable SatNav buttons (which it doesn't) the noise would kill you before you hit a tree.  :P

We IS250 owners with SatNav need a code crack for the system to get past the nanny state safety features.    :ph34r:  :whistling:

AMEN

This has my vote.

I can live with no DVD picture on the move

I can (just) live with no destination entry on the move but would welcome a passenger sensor to activate if Madam is with me

I am frustrated with only speed dial numbers can be phoned on the move

I am realy p****d off having to press the 'I Agree' button every time I start the engine, mainly because I can see no rhyme or reason for it. What ever I am agreeing to is not read anyway!

Little annoyances that spoil a really supurb package.

Just so you guys are aware ..... to get rid of the saftey feature, so that you can use the sat nav on the move ....... you would have to cut the speed sensor cable.

This downside to this, is when you are in a tunnel, or an area where the GPS sattelite can not pick up a signal, the speed sensor location trip will not be able to establish were you actually are !

This has my vote.

I can live with no DVD picture on the move

I can (just) live with no destination entry on the move but would welcome a passenger sensor to activate if Madam is with me

I am frustrated with only speed dial numbers can be phoned on the move

I am realy p****d off having to press the 'I Agree' button every time I start the engine, mainly because I can see no rhyme or reason for it.  What ever I am agreeing to is not read anyway!

Little annoyances that spoil a really supurb package.

Is it not possible to say a number using the voice control with the new MM pack. For example can you not say "Dial 01234 567 890"? I had a look at the US manual for the IS and I thought that this was possible.

Is it not possible to say a number using the voice control with the new MM pack.  For example can you not say "Dial 01234 567 890"?  I had a look at the US manual for the IS and I thought that this was possible.

No you can't make voice calls like that. In fact to make any calls using the voice activation is an absolute pain and even my dealer suggested I not bother with is.

I obviously have given it a whirl and they were right, it is a waste of time. You have to say about 5 different things, and press the talk button about 3 or 4 times before the call is made. Faster to press the quick dial buttons on the screen.