Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bosch Aerotwin Wipers

Has anybody else seen the Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades VW are fitting recently?

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1

I was in a new VW Golf last night and was very impressed with the size of them and they seem to be less imposing than the normal wiper blades. And appear to be a much better blade all around.

Trouble is are they specific for VW or will they fit the IS200?

All help appreciated!

Seen those on a couple of cars myself and they do work very well.

You could probably try and fit them but you may need a bit of modifying.

You could also wait and see if Bosch bring out some aftermarket ones.

I would say they will be available in about a year as an aftermarket product.

• 2 years later...

Bringing up an old post here but I wanted to give my feedback on these Bosch aerotwin wipers for peoples reference, i've had them fitted for a few months and am very dissapointed with them since day 1 actually! i'm going to be taking them off soon & throwing them in the bin, theyre ok on the 1st swipe to vertical but on the return swipe to horizontal the water is dragged back across the screen making them absolutely useless for their purpose, i'm going to get the PIAA silicone ones, i think they'll be good :P

hmmm thats strange as i have them on my GS and have seen a 100% increase in the effectiveness of the wipe and have had them on for over 6 months with no degredation in performance..

got them from here

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/product-list....lass=ncv&c=

Where as my other half has the Velco versions on her Seat leon and they didnt last more than 3 months..

To be fair I was pretty happy with the wipe, I hated the noise - it wasn't anything loud, but whenever they were on I was always conscious that they were on, whereas with the OEM wipers I never really notice them...........

again thats kinda strange as i get no noise.. tbh in the CLK im driving at the moment there is more noise from the wipers.. although i spend a good 80% of my time on the motorway going to work.. so maybe at slower speeds they could be noisy..

but i have found previously with other wipers on my IS200 that the brand of washer fluid could change the type of noise.. supose it could eat the rubber etc

again thats kinda strange as i get no noise.. tbh in the CLK im driving at the moment there is more noise from the wipers.. although i spend a good 80% of my time on the motorway going to work.. so maybe at slower speeds they could be noisy..

but i have found previously with other wipers on my IS200 that the brand of washer fluid could change the type of noise.. supose it could eat the rubber etc

Yep it was odd, even the guys at wiperblades.co.uk were surprised and weren't sure whether they were a dud set, but were happy to give me a refund anyway. The biggest annoyance was everytime they changed direction, there was a clunk on each side as the blade swapped over to the other side before coming back the other way.

Yes. I have Bosch Aerotwins. They do fit. Go to www.wiperblades.co.uk. I paid £27 for mine and can honestly say they've been brilliant.

No they don't need any modification and I disagree they're no better than standard. I bought mine last August and I can say hand on heart they're every bit as good 13 months on as they were new.

Yep it was odd, even the guys at wiperblades.co.uk were surprised and weren't sure whether they were a dud set, but were happy to give me a refund anyway. The biggest annoyance was everytime they changed direction, there was a clunk on each side as the blade swapped over to the other side before coming back the other way.

They do sound like a dud set, as mine are soft as fook... and are silent// plus they look a lot cleaner than a framed set of normal blades

They do sound like a dud set, as mine are soft as fook... and are silent// plus they look a lot cleaner than a framed set of normal blades

It does seem that way as so many others are so happy with them. I've got to agree that they did look so much better, one thing I might try is that I heard someone mention that the IS250 wipers (also flat blade) can fit the IS200 so might give that a go at some point.

Actually just fitted these in the week! And guess what... no rain as yet! Typical, i don't often wish for it to rain but can't wait to test them.

Hope they're not as bad as some of you have said! But they look good, sleek and modern.