Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has The Government Seen Sense

MacRS200

Just watched the news and according to our Darling Alastair they are going to stop using speeding fines to fund more cameras.

Instead they are going to use it to fund "other road safety measures" like improved junctions, traffic calming and changing speed limits. Sounds good apart from the speed humps :crybaby:

Well we will see!

If they stop funding from the cameras you’ll find plod hiding behind every bush or road sign with a zap gun at least with the gatso’s you know where they are just have to watch out for the vermin in the vans in lay-bys :angry:

If they stop funding from the cameras you’ll find plod hiding behind every bush or road sign with a zap gun at least with the gatso’s you know where they are just have to watch out for the vermin in the vans in lay-bys  :angry:

A.F.A.I.A. the vans themselves have to be in published locations. The one which gravitates our village just outside Bedford recently announced that they're moving from the main route from the A422/A428 junction roundabout into the village, to the main village road leading up to Oakley... sure enough a week after the announcement there they were exactly where advertised.. some 100 yards before the automatic "Slow Down" signs on the village road/oakley road bend.

I must admit I'm very much in support of the automatic speed sensor signs on that bend since the poor chap who owns the house on the outside of the bend has had his front wall demolished [and rebuilt] by [what can only be described as] morons trying to take a 90 degree bend [pretty much a "corner"] at 50 MPH [in a 30mph zone] -- at least 5 times in the past 10 months.

L.