Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Company Car?

Drummerboy

Ok, possible change of employment on horizon and if it comes to pass I will be getting a company car :D

At interview they mentioned an Avensis......... I'm assuming 2.0D4D so value is around €30,000 / £21,000

Thing is I want something big (kids tend to grow unfortunately :lol: ) and I also fancy an auto but auto diesels are rare, not too many manufacturers do them in that price bracket.............

Am seriously considering pushing for the Skoda Superb Expression 1.9TDi Auto/Tiptronic 130Bhp whcih just scrapes in on budget and is plenty big........

Anyone got any experience / knowledge of these?

Is there anything else I should be having a look at taking into account the criteria above?

:duh:

If you're prepared to drop the diesel, the Avensis is available with Sequential Automatic transmission.

Avensis T4 estate, 2.0VVTi, £20,975

Avensis T3-X hatchback, 2.0VVTi, £18,475

Prices from the Toyota website.

A lot of the toys first seen on the Lexus range are now filtering down to the Avensis, such as the optional DVD sat-nav, optitron instruments, auto-folding mirrors, auto-dimming mirrors, auto wipers, etc. Looks like a nice car, and reliable too.

Avensis IS a fine car agreed, missus has one :winky:

So if I get company car I want to keep my lex and flog her Avensis :D ........ no way we are BOTH gonna have the same car............. she does less miles than me and she'll take good care of the Lex (she loves it as much as I do) and I'll still have the pleasure of its company at weekends :D

No Avensis auto diesel though :duh:

HAS to be diesel........

So anyone own a Skoda diesel?

What's the box in the IS220d? :P

A few of the blokes in work have Octavias, and are very happy with them. One even bought his off the leasing firm when he retired!

IS220d manual only as far as I'm aware and anyhoo there is the slight problem of the extra €14,000 or so :hehe::lol: :P

Every other cab over here seems to be an Octavia and quite a few auto diesels aswell......... if they are able to withstand cab mileage and abuse they can't be rubbish :question:

IS220d manual only as far as I'm aware and anyhoo there is the slight problem of the extra €14,000 or so  :hehe:  :lol:  :P

Every other cab over here seems to be an Octavia and quite a few auto diesels aswell......... if they are able to withstand cab mileage and abuse they can't be rubbish :question:

Around here they're all Avensises (Avenses?) so that puts them on a par!

Ok, possible change of employment on horizon and if it comes to pass I will be getting a company car :D

At interview they mentioned an Avensis......... I'm assuming 2.0D4D so value is around €30,000 / £21,000

Thing is I want something big (kids tend to grow unfortunately :lol: ) and I also fancy an auto but auto diesels are rare, not too many manufacturers do them in that price bracket.............

Am seriously considering pushing for the Skoda Superb Expression 1.9TDi Auto/Tiptronic 130Bhp whcih just scrapes in on budget and is plenty big........

Anyone got any experience / knowledge of these?

Is there anything else I should be having a look at taking into account the criteria above?

:duh:

Citroens? Their diesels are good, but don't know if they do Auto/Diesels. The ride is, of course, excellent.

The C5 is huge, but strange looking.

C4 looks great!

You can get the VW DSG gear box on diesels...my dad is actually looking a one in a golf. Guessing you can get the same gearbox in a passat ?? Read lots of execellent reviews on the DSG gear box.

Might be one to consider ?...though have no idea of price.